Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

time to close this thread! this time around United were the better team! not like this will be the last time! it was a pathetic performance, we know it, mancini knows it, the players knows it. the entire world knows it.

I must say they looked miles better than us.

I hate to say it, but Tevez really does carry us.

im_still_here said:
moomba said:
im_still_here said:
instead of makin these fuckin threads why the fuck did u not come to the game today

When did it become compulsory for every blue to attend every game regardless of finance, location, health, job and family commitments.

Sounds a bit of a raggish attitude to me.

today was a cheap day out and it was a manchester derby...

a cheap day out ?!?! today set me back a right wedge. i'm lucky that i'm away for the spurs game so didn't have to pick between these two long trips

zeven said:
time to close this thread! this time around United were the better team! not like this will be the last time! it was a pathetic performance, we know it, mancini knows it, the players knows it. the entire world knows it.

It is time to shut the door on this one ....

and you're right it wasn't a good performance .....

but it's Mr Rooney that will do well to remember that we'll have better days !

black mamba said:
zeven said:

It is time to shut the door on this one ....

and you're right it wasn't a good performance .....

but it's Mr Rooney that will do well to remember that we'll have better days !

I'll second that.

As Larry Grayson used to say "Shut that door!!"

How is it they can blood in a few new players and zip it about as a team, yet we need time to gel ?

Well being there yesterday had some negative and positive sides to it.

Negative was obviously the result and the fact that on the whole we didn't play as well as we should have done. Having gone 2-0 up we should have gone for the kill but instead sat back and invited United at us, and they duly scored a couple early on in the second half. I think had we gone to 60 minutes still 2-0 up it might have been a different story.

Unlike the FA Cup semi, we didn't push up high enough and force them into defensive errors, which was basically how Nani got our defenders in a panic and went on to score the winner. There's clearly a lot to learn from this match and hopefully Mancini will see this and rectify some glaring errors.

Another negative was the swathe of empty seats in the City end - we clearly didn't sell all our tickets and I felt a little ashamed of that, I have to say.

Positive though was the City fans who were there were vocally pretty loud, and the mass Poznan again when the United team was being read out - it really did feel like everyone got involved in that. And Joleon Lescott scoring meant that my friend who was with me at the game won handsomely - he was 28-1 for first goal!

Let's hopefully move on from this.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:51 am --<br /><br />And there's also some pics yesterday too, mainly of the fans who were as usual backing the team:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/sets/72157627258600287/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/ ... 258600287/</a>

Quite pleased to get the first goal considering I was right at the other end!

Couldn't stop dwelling on it last night and I still can't get my head around how we gave up a 2 goal lead so easily but we have to move on and try to stop dwelling on it, they may have won this battle but we will win the war as they say
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.