Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

blueinsa said:
We were shit when 2-0 up and shit when 3-2 down.

Friendly game at the end of the day but i thought our attitude was shocking today and i dont think Mancini will be too happy either.

The problem was that United played it like a friendly using their young players. We had what will likely be a first team 11 out there for the whole game and still looked shit. I think Mancini's defensive approach just takes the life out of the team. We played today like Mancini's first games where we were afraid to lose rather than like the last half of last season where we looked confident of winning. Even at 2-0 after the half, when I saw us playing defensively, I just had a sinking feeling we were going to lose. We look uninspired playing defensively.

Re: Community Shield Official Post Match Discussion Thread

Prestwich_Blue said:
Akai said:
people need to calm down a bit, it was good match overall.

still time to fix some mistakes that happened today.
The most ludicrous post I've seen for a while. We were awful nearly all match. More than "some mistakes".

This.

I can handle getting beat and out played but the attitude towards the game from way too many of them was a disgrace tbh.

A couple of things, in order of importance.
1. Keep possession and speed up play and we will be as good as them.
2. Mario Balotelli is useless and needs to go. I couldn't give 2 fucks if he's a 'legend' for acting like a twat off the pitch, he is fuck all of a legend on it.

ITS ABOUT TIME WE PLAY REALLY GOOD TEAMS IN PRE SEASON, half of the time we played kids and a couple of first team players, pre season games is to get you up to speed, and today we wasn't up to speed, they played full teams in pre season and it showed today.

AWFUL!, We will never win the league with Mancini in charge, no chance in hell

hang on a minute, we didn't do so fucking badly when we played them in the semi !. so wot if they won today, season is 38 games so bring it on !

Re: To be fair...

TFC said:
Agreed. Much as I'd like to say we were robbed, they were quite simply the better team all afternoon.

Very disappointing given the situation we were in at half, there can be no excuses for throwing a 2-0 lead away.

Agreed , i had lescott 2-0 290/1. happy , i is not.

mancitydreamteam said:
Beaten by the better team on the day. We didnt dominated any part of the game de jong and yaya off the pace and silva was never in the game.

Silva did quite well after the first 20min imo. Not much you can do when everyone else is shit, he created most of our attacks or was crucial part of them.

We need more presence in the midfield and need to control it better. One good midfielder would help a lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.