Community Shield - post match discussion....

Thought the two wide men: Milner and Kolarov had good games. Plenty of crosses going in. Dzeko would have had a field day earlier on. Plenty of good movement from Aguero, Tevez and Nasri. They are on the same wavelength

ibe4NgztLvsesd.gif

King Of All Geordies said:
Considering this wasn't a full strength team, can't have any real quibbles with the performance and great result to start the season with.

The formation gives us a viable plan b for when we need extra width. I still think we'll play some games with four at the back as it would be difficult to accomodate both Silva and Nasri as well as two strikers.

Man of the match for me was Zabaleta, top defensive performance.
That's what the new formation is. It's a Plan B.
Our tactically astute Manager has seen the problems from Jan and Apr this year and is determined to stop the likes of Sund/Swan/Eve/Stoke/Ars recurring.

We have the personnel, we just need the plan.

We played well, but what impressed me most was the players attitude and mentality, if there were ever any doubts about the desire of this group of players to push on then I think it's been put to bed in fine style.

Chelsea ? Thought they were VERY dirty and cynical, and I'm not totally convinced they weren't out to seriously injure some of our players in the hope it would hold us back around the start of the season, they could clearly see we were quite a bit better than them even with a new start and personel, that must have been very frustrating for the Champions League winners to know they're still some way behind us.

Dirty Harry said:
We played well, but what impressed me most was the players attitude and mentality, if there were ever any doubts about the desire of this group of players to push on then I think it's been put to bed in fine style.

Chelsea ? Thought they were VERY dirty and cynical, and I'm not totally convinced they weren't out to seriously injure some of our players in the hope it would hold us back around the start of the season, they could clearly see we were quite a bit better than them even with a new start and personel, that must have been very frustrating for the Champions League winners to know they're still some way behind us.

Di Matteo has defended the red card tackle to boot....fucking twat.

I dunno if it's just me, or is it because it's the Community Shield. But when Chelsea scored the first, and long before Ivanovic got sent off, I did not panic, not a single bit.

I just sat quietly, somehow knowing that we will come out of this.

Vinjay said:
Killer instinct in front of goal was tremendous. People say that can be lacking at this stage certainly wasn't the case today.

People will take different views on the two footed rule. Without a doubt it was a more aggressive tackle than the one Kompany was red carded for.

Didn't you see Kun miss an open net? Apart from that we looked to be on a complete different level to Chelsea

Young said:
I dunno if it's just me, or is it because it's the Community Shield. But when Chelsea scored the first, and long before Ivanovic got sent off, I did not panic, not a single bit.

I just sat quietly, somehow knowing that we will come out of this.

I actually laughed. Don't know if I'd do that in a league game though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.