Community Shield - post match discussion....

Deepest Blue said:
King Of All Geordies said:
Considering this wasn't a full strength team, can't have any real quibbles with the performance and great result to start the season with.

The formation gives us a viable plan b for when we need extra width. I still think we'll play some games with four at the back as it would be difficult to accomodate both Silva and Nasri as well as two strikers.

Man of the match for me was Zabaleta, top defensive performance.
That's what the new formation is. It's a Plan B.
Our tactically astute Manager has seen the problems from Jan and Apr this year and is determined to stop the likes of Sund/Swan/Eve/Stoke/Ars recurring.

We have the personnel, we just need the plan.
I think this is somehow our perfect formation. It allows Yaya to venture forward, our wingbacks to bomb on, gives Mancini the defensive assurance, and allows us to field Silva, Tevez and Aguero altogether.

In a service station currently reviving food and drink levels from the game. My view was we pretty much dominated the game for 80ish+ of the game. First half, we looked alright oing forward and they resorted to mainly longshots. Savic was again looking dodgy especially on the counter from hazard. Balls into the box from milner and kola weren't that good until more space opened up after the red.
Ref was shit but glad they got 1 red card. I thought de jong had a fantastic game and the support was immense an outsung chelsea fans pretty much the whole time apart from a few minutes from their goal to red card.
Some tosser lobbed a fanta bottle from up top and smashed into my mate and myself, got orange soaked into me but was too happy celebration. Connection getting dodgy but great win and a good start for the season ahead.

Ps. Thanks blue for getting my tickets, we could do with a thread commending the reliable blues who get tickets for others.

samharris said:
Dirty Harry said:
We played well, but what impressed me most was the players attitude and mentality, if there were ever any doubts about the desire of this group of players to push on then I think it's been put to bed in fine style.

Chelsea ? Thought they were VERY dirty and cynical, and I'm not totally convinced they weren't out to seriously injure some of our players in the hope it would hold us back around the start of the season, they could clearly see we were quite a bit better than them even with a new start and personel, that must have been very frustrating for the Champions League winners to know they're still some way behind us.

Di Matteo has defended the red card tackle to boot....fucking twat.

Did he? I quite liked him before but having heard that he's just a pan-faced, slap-headed twat.

Re: CS sold out my arse!

Why did this CS person sell out your arse? I think you should tell the police and get that pimp arrested ;)

samharris said:
Dirty Harry said:
We played well, but what impressed me most was the players attitude and mentality, if there were ever any doubts about the desire of this group of players to push on then I think it's been put to bed in fine style.

Chelsea ? Thought they were VERY dirty and cynical, and I'm not totally convinced they weren't out to seriously injure some of our players in the hope it would hold us back around the start of the season, they could clearly see we were quite a bit better than them even with a new start and personel, that must have been very frustrating for the Champions League winners to know they're still some way behind us.

Di Matteo has defended the red card tackle to boot....fucking twat.

Really mate ? What a wanker, he's on my 'to do' list now ;-)

andrewmswift said:
Young said:
I dunno if it's just me, or is it because it's the Community Shield. But when Chelsea scored the first, and long before Ivanovic got sent off, I did not panic, not a single bit.

I just sat quietly, somehow knowing that we will come out of this.

I actually laughed. Don't know if I'd do that in a league game though
Same here. We'd started off well and it wasn't as if Chelsea were cutting us to ribbons with every attack. Their first goal was down to piss poor defending on our part. A surprisingly poor clearing header by VK (looked like him anyway) and Kolarov drawn to the ball in the area leaving Torres unmarked; tidy finish though. We were by far the better team and I was confident of pulling the goal back. It probably helped that I wasn't actually that bothered about whether we won or lost today. If I was given a choice of a win and a defeat from today and next sunday, I'd take the win next sunday every time.

ANewEra... said:
Vinjay said:
Killer instinct in front of goal was tremendous. People say that can be lacking at this stage certainly wasn't the case today.

People will take different views on the two footed rule. Without a doubt it was a more aggressive tackle than the one Kompany was red carded for.

Didn't you see Kun miss an open net? Apart from that we looked to be on a complete different level to Chelsea

Ah yes. Still he probably won't miss a chance like that again for a long time.

I thought we dominated the game in the main and Chelsea had very little to offer until the Torres goal. The second shouldn't have come but can't complain with the performance. Tevez and Aguero are going to be special this year and even better when you throw a fit Silva in behind. I think Chelsea look like they are lacking abit of fitness you'd expect to see at this stage so I hope they get hit for a few suprise results early doors next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.