Community Shield - post match discussion....

congrats everyone on a wonderful victory,even though we werent at full strength but boys put on a fantastic show,more work need to be done with the back three if we are gona stick with this formation.i liked the look on Terry,s face pretty much resembled Rooney after our title win ;)

A great performance, thought De Jong was superb in his breaking up play role, always available and read the game well.The usual suspects also had great games.What i like about us at the moment is we look like we can step up it up when it really matters.

citymad said:
A great performance, thought De Jong was superb in his breaking up play role, always available and read the game well.The usual suspects also had great games.What i like about us at the moment is we look like we can step up it up when it really matters.

I always worry when you get optimistic......

JamesMCFC said:
Just seen a lad on twitter who talks of Kolo, Dzeko sulking:

"K. Toure was very upset today, Kompany had to go and pull out him out the dugout for the celebrations, and he walked off after they started."

"K.Toure also threw his medal in the crowd, aswell as Dzeko. Strong signs they are both possibly on the move, won't hear the end of this."

I'd keep Kolo as he's better backup than Savic, who again looked out of his depth, but I suppose he's on a lot of wages and nearly 32 (last chance to sell)

Dzeko showed again today why he's not a top class forward so I couldn't care less if he's gone

Dont think 352 is possible with both Nasri and Silva playing together but it seemed to work well and we controlled 95% of the game

Watched the match here in USA, and the singing was quite loud! A very strong show of support to start the season...I cannot wait to come over and sing with everyone in a couple months.

The 3-5-2 prospects should give other gaffers mares, wondering which tactics City will use on any given week.

Kolo definitely threw his medal in to the crowd.

Picture proof has been put on FB. TBH we would all love to keep every player and win every game. This isn't going to happen and with Rodwell coming in someone has to go.

Project said:
We look strong and powerful. And quite fluid in this new formation which seems to suit the personnel of the squad.

And Silva, Lescott, Richards, Hart, Balotelli etc all to return.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "fluid" on this performance but I think we could be with Silva and Lescott/Clichy in the team.

However, as I said in the match thread, I have been a big defender of de Jong but his play today annoyed me. He continually seemed (you rarely be absolutely sure with him) to miscontrol simple passes and was hesitant to to pass forward. I like the Nigel fromthe last half of last season, not the first half-season Nigel we saw today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.