Community Shield ticket information

The link for this game on the tickets section of the offical website has gone. Does this mean it is now sold out?

pass2silva said:
The link for this game on the tickets section of the offical website has gone. Does this mean it is now sold out?

Yes, 2nd time it's sold out. They'll be flogging tickets at the ground I guess.

It's unimportant how many tickets are sold, but I cannot help think the club could have pushed ticket sells harder to City fans without a purchase history with the club after they have been made available to season tickets holders and people with a lot of points on their supporters cards. I only managed to get further tickets after escalating it with Supporters Services who seemed to be aware that tickets sales have been slower than expected, so were prepared to sell me more tickets.

If the owners want the club to grow further they should have done more to make the tickets available to these new fans. Wasted opportunity in my books, as future fans will make the decision to just watch it on BT Sports instead. Any tickets that are still left should be offered to #MCFC supporters groups, neutrals or Arsenal fans. There should not be any empty seats at a showpiece event like the Community Shield.

Anyway, the most important thing is we are going to Wembley again, so hopefully all blues will walk away with smiles on their faces, safe in the knowledge that there is another trophy in the cabinet... #CTWD

Like many others I don't really care how many go as long as I have mine but I've just been to Wembley stadium to buy my programme before the rush(!) & to take a photo of Bobby Moore statue when there's no one there. The guy at the shop said he is disappointed that we have only sold 18,000 tickets. He's from Manchester & hates the rags, supports Wigan!!

Like me he told one of the assistants off because the assistant told some foreign visitors that Manchester United were playing Arsenal tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know when details about ticket sales at the gate will be announced; previous posts suggest there should be a fair number?

Eccles Blue said:
Like many others I don't really care how many go as long as I have mine but I've just been to Wembley stadium to buy my programme before the rush(!) & to take a photo of Bobby Moore statue when there's no one there. The guy at the shop said he is disappointed that we have only sold 18,000 tickets. He's from Manchester & hates the rags, supports Wigan!!

Like me he told one of the assistants off because the assistant told some foreign visitors that Manchester United were playing Arsenal tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
18k? guy above said it was 22k. 22k would surprise me. Everyone I know who is going is in the bottom tier so I don't see how we could have sold as many as 22k

beware hurricane Bertha. remnants are heading in from the Atlantic towards Northern Europe, but it's track is not yet known. Could miss Southern England, or could be very stormy. be prepared

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.