Complacency again

As someone who spent 8 hours of yesterday driving to London and back with my kids, half of it in the pouring rain, I did rather wonder whether City mightn't have made a bit more effort, and whether one or two of the bigger names really needed another week's rest.

But when I woke this morning, I realised that we're all just lucky that we can watch our team at Wembley at all ... 10 seasons ago I'd have given anything just to see City once at Wembley ... and now it's almost our second home. It would be churlish to grumble.

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
The OP is a WUM,just not a very good one.
I'm not on the wind-up.

At the start of this season, one of the major things for me that can derail us is City not performing to our max because of complacency. It's what we had in Mancini's final season, capped by the Wigan FA Cup defeat where we just didn't turn up.

My feeling after the game was that we started the Community Shield in the same way we started the 2012/13 season, and I know that is what the majority of fans who went to the Shield game thought. You could see their goal coming and it wasn't because Boyata and Nastasic played but because the midfield and forwards in front of them didn't play as they can.

if you want to brush it under the carpet that's fair enough. I'll log off now as I have no wish to irritate you further

Complacency at the start of 2012/2013?

We won 6 and drew 3 of the first 9 league games. We were unbeaten in the first 15 league games.

I'd take that sort of complacency this time round.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good post defeat over reaction

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Marvin said:
OB1 said:
Actually we started 2012/13 by winning the Community Shield rather convincingly; despite 3 at the back, IIRC. And we shipped three goals to Arsenal last preseason and they got all giddy and led the Prem' for many weeks; whereas we had about three weeks at the top, including the one that counts: the last one. These defeats do not even have currency as bad omens.

We currently possess the best squad that we have ever had and we might just have the strongest squad the Premier League has ever seen. The fight for places should be intense and help the manager to prevent players from being complacent.
All true.

I'm just on the look out for attitude from the City players in the opening weeks. This is key. Ferguson always made a big deal after his team won a title. He publically challenged his players questioning whether they had the hunger for another campaign.

I think it's perfectly legitimate to question players' mentality after Mancini's final season which was played out in identical circumstances i.e. we went into it as Champions.
Ironically they were the last team to lose the Charity shield 3-0.

They went on to win the treble that year but I bet he still regrets losing the Wembley friendly.

Sorry Marv I meant the Wembley very important game because it's at Wembley super match
I don't care too much about this one game as long as the players mentality is right for the season. That's all my point amounts too.

We can't say at this stage whether we'll see a repeat of 2012/13 or 2013/14, but for me this is what I am looking for in the opening weeks. I know technically we are as good as anyone, if not the best. The only way we will not be successful is if the players start the season in holiday mood.

Marvin said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Marvin said:
All true.

I'm just on the look out for attitude from the City players in the opening weeks. This is key. Ferguson always made a big deal after his team won a title. He publically challenged his players questioning whether they had the hunger for another campaign.

I think it's perfectly legitimate to question players' mentality after Mancini's final season which was played out in identical circumstances i.e. we went into it as Champions.
Ironically they were the last team to lose the Charity shield 3-0.

They went on to win the treble that year but I bet he still regrets losing the Wembley friendly.

Sorry Marv I meant the Wembley very important game because it's at Wembley super match
I don't care too much about this one game as long as the players mentality is right for the season. That's all my point amounts too.

We can't say at this stage whether we'll see a repeat of 2012/13 or 2013/14, but for me this is what I am looking for in the opening weeks. I know technically we are as good as anyone, if not the best. The only way we will not be successful is if the players start the season in holiday mood.

We've all heard you Marvin - loud and clear

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
The OP is a WUM,just not a very good one.
I'm not on the wind-up.

At the start of this season, one of the major things for me that can derail us is City not performing to our max because of complacency. It's what we had in Mancini's final season, capped by the Wigan FA Cup defeat where we just didn't turn up.

My feeling after the game was that we started the Community Shield in the same way we started the 2012/13 season, and I know that is what the majority of fans who went to the Shield game thought. You could see their goal coming and it wasn't because Boyata and Nastasic played but because the midfield and forwards in front of them didn't play as they can.

if you want to brush it under the carpet that's fair enough. I'll log off now as I have no wish to irritate you further

We won 6 and drew 3 of the first 9 league games. We were unbeaten in the first 15 league games.

But it was obvious from the first game that season that we had gone down a level. We kept waiting for City to step it up, but it never happened.

ManCityX said:
Imagine acting like Marvin after losing one game and when that one game was a friendly.

Weirdo.
No he's not, he's passionate and wants to see us win every game, same as most. If he takes it harder than most then so what? I shattered my hand punching a wall after we went out of the FA cup in 11/12, that's a far worse reaction, does that make me a "weirdo"?

Marvin said:
Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
Marvin said:
I'm not on the wind-up.

But it was obvious from the first game that season that we had gone down a level. We kept waiting for City to step it up, but it never happened.

Do I have to say this: different manager.

ManCityX said:
Imagine acting like Marvin after losing one game and when that one game was a friendly.

Weirdo.

Weirdo is way too kind. Marvin needs to fuck off and take his blood soaked tampon with him. Absolute dripping wet fanny that he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.