Complacency again

Didsbury Dave said:
You all talk melodramatic rubbish. THe season hasn't started yet. It was our reserves, you clowns, with a left back at right back. Even though they were a shadow team, tried to win it but didn't play well for the first half hour. When this happens there really is no need to fall back on silly fan cliches like "lazy" or "complacent". Perhaps just realise that boyata, nastasic and an out of position Clichy are not going to spring us forward like players like vinny and demichelis because they aren't as good.

Clowns is far too polite.

In some respects our support is the opposite of other big clubs. We actually seemingly actively talk down everyone at and associated with our club.

Newcastle will fancy their chances? Just fuck off.

Didsbury Dave said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Just to point out, the same characters were flapping this time last year, and the year before, and the year before.

It's going to be ok.

Haha. You're right of course,

There is no fool like a football fool, as Bluemoon proves on a daily basis.
More the fool who ignores a 3-0 defeat at Wembley and hides behind excuses

We didn't compete in the opening minutes of the game. That's the manager's explanation too. And for me that can be described as complacency

I'd hazard a guess that those who aren't bothered are not the ones who spent 18 hours yesterday making their way down, watching and making their way back from that shambles. And it was an absolute shambles, and not entirely due to the back 4. I'm certain Pellegrini feels his players let themselves down.

Can someone do a search and find out how many times 'fitness' has been mentioned in the last couple of days

It was a poor performance that was brought on by a few factors, but not one that should see the usual suspects needing to be talked down from the roof of their house

The only reason should be p*ssed off is because they went all the way down there to watch a reserve team, but then if you didn't see that coming then thats your own fault

Didsbury Dave said:
You all talk melodramatic rubbish. THe season hasn't started yet. It was our reserves, you clowns, with a left back at right back. Even though they were a shadow team, tried to win it but didn't play well for the first half hour. When this happens there really is no need to fall back on silly fan cliches like "lazy" or "complacent". Perhaps just realise that boyata, nastasic and an out of position Clichy are not going to spring us forward like players like vinny and demichelis because they aren't as good.

Jesus Dave. We agree! Finally!

Stop flapping you bunch of girls.

Makeshift back 4 because Peller's hand was forced due to injury and lack of game time for those returning from the WC.

Get a grip.

FantasyIreland said:
The OP is a WUM,just not a very good one.
I'm not on the wind-up.

At the start of this season, one of the major things for me that can derail us is City not performing to our max because of complacency. It's what we had in Mancini's final season, capped by the Wigan FA Cup defeat where we just didn't turn up.

My feeling after the game was that we started the Community Shield in the same way we started the 2012/13 season, and I know that is what the majority of fans who went to the Shield game thought. You could see their goal coming and it wasn't because Boyata and Nastasic played but because the midfield and forwards in front of them didn't play as they can.

if you want to brush it under the carpet that's fair enough. I'll log off now as I have no wish to irritate you further

Marvin said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Just to point out, the same characters were flapping this time last year, and the year before, and the year before.

It's going to be ok.

Haha. You're right of course,

There is no fool like a football fool, as Bluemoon proves on a daily basis.
More the fool who ignores a 3-0 defeat at Wembley and hides behind excuses

We didn't compete in the opening minutes of the game. That's the manager's explanation too. And for me that can be described as complacency

I'd hazard a guess that those who aren't bothered are not the ones who spent 18 hours yesterday making their way down, watching and making their way back from that shambles. And it was an absolute shambles, and not entirely due to the back 4. I'm certain Pellegrini feels his players let themselves down.

You are probably right Marvin but we started off last season slowly and went on to win 2 trophies.

If we had a very good squad last season, we now have an outstanding one. We may suffer in the opening weeks of the season as a result if having key players carrying injuries though the World Cup but we will be challenging for trophies by the business end of the season.

Call this complacency Marvin but we have been blessed by the Sheikh and the City Years just get better.

It was a friendly .. We had a weaken side out..
What more is there to understand. !!!
Even if we don't get the result or performance we want at Newcastle, wembley will have fuck all to do with it..
Get a grip blues.. Since when has any teams performance in CS had a bearing on the coming season..
I think some on here are struggling to be part of a top team..
I'll let you guys into a secret.. We won't win everything just because were champions..
And before anyone calls me a rag etc.. I was at wembley yesterday.. I took it for what it was..
A day out to watch our team play at wembley.. and a good piss up .....

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
I'm not on the wind-up.

At the start of this season, one of the major things for me that can derail us is City not performing to our max because of complacency. It's what we had in Mancini's final season, capped by the Wigan FA Cup defeat where we just didn't turn up.

My feeling after the game was that we started the Community Shield in the same way we started the 2012/13 season, and I know that is what the majority of fans who went to the Shield game thought. You could see their goal coming and it wasn't because Boyata and Nastasic played but because the midfield and forwards in front of them didn't play as they can.

if you want to brush it under the carpet that's fair enough. I'll log off now as I have no wish to irritate you

further

Aresnal are a week ahead of us perpetration wise they have a champions league game very soon they were quicker out of the blocks than us

grim up north said:
Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
I'm not on the wind-up.

if you want to brush it under the carpet that's fair enough. I'll log off now as I have no wish to irritate you

further

Aresnal are a week ahead of us perpetration wise they have a champions league game very soon they were quicker out of the blocks than us

Curse those cockney perpertrators!

(Or GUN's fat fingers)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.