Complacency again

Bluemoon115 said:
Damanino said:
The last title defence was pretty bad, but the things went down between Mancini/Marwood made it far from ideal in terms of strengthening the squad, only fresh evidence we are looking to move out nearly all of the player signed in that window, and they are mostly deadwoods.
(Garcia, Sinclair, Rodwell, Nastasic)

Now this transfer window seems lot better (and not more expensive), lot of quality players came with lot of experience. Mentality of the squad is really important, hope Pelle handles them very well.
Yeah, but we won the Charity Sheild that year.

Not the title though. In fact, we've only ever won the title when we didn't win the charity shield that season. Happy days!!

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
The OP is a WUM,just not a very good one.
I'm not on the wind-up.

At the start of this season, one of the major things for me that can derail us is City not performing to our max because of complacency. It's what we had in Mancini's final season, capped by the Wigan FA Cup defeat where we just didn't turn up.

My feeling after the game was that we started the Community Shield in the same way we started the 2012/13 season, and I know that is what the majority of fans who went to the Shield game thought. You could see their goal coming and it wasn't because Boyata and Nastasic played but because the midfield and forwards in front of them didn't play as they can.

if you want to brush it under the carpet that's fair enough. I'll log off now as I have no wish to irritate you further

Actually we started 2012/13 by winning the Community Shield rather convincingly; despite 3 at the back, IIRC. And we shipped three goals to Arsenal last preseason and they got all giddy and led the Prem' for many weeks; whereas we had about three weeks at the top, including the one that counts: the last one. These defeats do not even have currency as bad omens.

We currently possess the best squad that we have ever had and we might just have the strongest squad the Premier League has ever seen. The fight for places should be intense and help the manager to prevent players from being complacent.

mcfc2607 said:
When poster's like Marvin etc... Post the shit you do are you actually being serious or just taking the piss because I can't work it out?
How else do you describe the opening 20 minutes?

That period of play was marked by low energy levels and really poor passing. It wasn't just a case of the changes in the team. If you read Pellegrini's comments you will find he was very critical of our opening
In the first half we didn’t play with the pace we showed in pre-season

Chelsea have improved, so have Arsenal. But our squad is the strongest. But so often Champions struggle to defend their title because they are sitting back and being complacent. I have seen this happen so many times over the years with title-winning teams. We should be on the look out for it, as should the manager.

You think I am over-reacting? I bet you Pellegrini has read the players the riot-act after the game.

I've decided that Marvin is actually on the windup. No one is that weird.

Premier League champions & League Cup winners. Just bought a potentially class defender to play alongside Kompany.

One defeat while missing more than half a best 11 and he's acting like this? Serious mental issues or trolling. Gotta be the latter.

OB1 said:
Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
I'm not on the wind-up.

At the start of this season, one of the major things for me that can derail us is City not performing to our max because of complacency. It's what we had in Mancini's final season, capped by the Wigan FA Cup defeat where we just didn't turn up.

My feeling after the game was that we started the Community Shield in the same way we started the 2012/13 season, and I know that is what the majority of fans who went to the Shield game thought. You could see their goal coming and it wasn't because Boyata and Nastasic played but because the midfield and forwards in front of them didn't play as they can.

if you want to brush it under the carpet that's fair enough. I'll log off now as I have no wish to irritate you further

Actually we started 2012/13 by winning the Community Shield rather convincingly; despite 3 at the back, IIRC. And we shipped three goals to Arsenal last preseason and they got all giddy and led the Prem' for many weeks; whereas we had about three weeks at the top, including the one that counts: the last one. These defeats do not even have currency as bad omens.

We currently possess the best squad that we have ever had and we might just have the strongest squad the Premier League has ever seen. The fight for places should be intense and help the manager to prevent players from being complacent.
All true.

I'm just on the look out for attitude from the City players in the opening weeks. This is key. Ferguson always made a big deal after his team won a title. He publically challenged his players questioning whether they had the hunger for another campaign.

I think it's perfectly legitimate to question players' mentality after Mancini's final season which was played out in identical circumstances i.e. we went into it as Champions.

Marvin said:
aguero93:20 said:
Marvin said:
First 10 minutes at Wembley reminded me of 2012/13

Started the game like we didn't care whilst Arsenal were well up for it

I thought we were a little unlucky as everything Arsenal tried came off, whilst we threatened them more than they did, but nothing fell for us, but that opening spell really annoyed me. You can't start games like that, and it just reminded me of City under Mancini after we won the title.

Newcastle will fancy their chances now, and so they should.
F.R.I.E.N.D.L.Y.
Tell that to the fans who could be bothered.

You don't go to Wembley and stroll the first minutes of the game

Friendly? That was embarrassing. Waiting to get the train back at Kings Cross, the TV screens were playing match reports of Arsenal Crushing City
So what? Who cares about match reports on tele, really?

It was just a pre-season exhibition game.

Wenger barely even raised a smile after the game and his team won.

The Flash said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You all talk melodramatic rubbish. THe season hasn't started yet. It was our reserves, you clowns, with a left back at right back. Even though they were a shadow team, tried to win it but didn't play well for the first half hour. When this happens there really is no need to fall back on silly fan cliches like "lazy" or "complacent". Perhaps just realise that boyata, nastasic and an out of position Clichy are not going to spring us forward like players like vinny and demichelis because they aren't as good.

Jesus Dave. We agree! Finally!

Stop flapping you bunch of girls.

Makeshift back 4 because Peller's hand was forced due to injury and lack of game time for those returning from the WC.

Get a grip.

Maybe but what chance of game time now we should of given some of the first team some time on the pitch.

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
I'm not on the wind-up.

Complacency at the start of 2012/2013?

We won 6 and drew 3 of the first 9 league games. We were unbeaten in the first 15 league games.

I'd take that sort of complacency this time round.

Marvin said:
OB1 said:
Marvin said:
I'm not on the wind-up.

All true.

I'm just on the look out for attitude from the City players in the opening weeks. This is key. Ferguson always made a big deal after his team won a title. He publically challenged his players questioning whether they had the hunger for another campaign.

I think it's perfectly legitimate to question players' mentality after Mancini's final season which was played out in identical circumstances i.e. we went into it as Champions.
Ironically they were the last team to lose the Charity shield 3-0.

They went on to win the treble that year but I bet he still regrets losing the Wembley friendly.

Sorry Marv I meant the Wembley very important game because it's at Wembley super match

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.