Congrats Lionesses

Well done to them, well deserved. You would think it will have a positive impact on womens football in England in terms of viewership but I wouldn’t be so sure though. With the premier league starting this weekend and world cup coming up, all eyes will be back on that.

Probably inspired plenty of young girls to play though.

Gotta be honest though, the quality of play is mostly dreadful still at this point. But if it’s inspiring new generations of young players, it’ll only get better. The quality in the likes of womens MMA shot up rapidly when it was getting good backing.

Where as womens tennis for example doesn’t have a gulf in ability between men and women. I know the women can’t beat the men because of physical advantages, but relatively speaking, the skill level of male and female tennis is an excellent standard on both sides. Womens football isn’t there yet, but I think it’ll improve rapidly, it already has been.

I think she has been injured nearly all season? However who is the bald **** on ssn at the moment who just said “even though Steph Houghton was potentially fit in April she was no longer needed”. Utter ****. Steph must have been devastated not to have been involved yesterday, she has always done her country proud and to be not involved due to injury and then be spoken about like that, Anton someone? A shit presenter and a shit ****
That lass is living a nightmare at the moment away from the football pitch so for some no bit **** to pull her to bits is just in very poor taste ...............but it’s Sky where folk are allowed to spit at kids Scot free

That lass is living a nightmare at the moment away from the football pitch so for some no bit **** to pull her to bits is just in very poor taste ...............but it’s Sky where folk are allowed to spit at kids Scot free

Oh how I agree with you @Bantamgaz. Immediately after the final whistle and the first burst of my euphoria I had this sad feeling for Steph. As you say she’s been through, and is still going through, such a lot. She gives her all for both City and her country.

Good luck in the future Steph. :-)

More a Brandi Chastain kind of thing I would've thought. A seminal moment in the development of the women's game and hopefully Chloe's will do the same.
There is an entire article in the Guardian on the seminal photo. The three players in the photo being Kelly, Scott and Hemp. Something for the club to be proud of.

(Of course City not mentioned anywhere in the article!)

I told you it was their year, you could tell when Ellen White won that dived penalty against Norway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.