Controversial City opinions

Sven should have been given more time and would have achieved CL after the takeover.

I'm not saying Mancini coming was a bad thing, I'm just saying that Sven would have found success as he was a top manager.
Yes he really went on to have a hugely successful management career after his stint at City. Won loads of trophies. We really messed up there.

Helen was not universally liked at Maine Road,
I can remember quite a few comments on the Kippax about where to shove that Fuc#ing bell!

Sven should have been given more time and would have achieved CL after the takeover.

I'm not saying Mancini coming was a bad thing, I'm just saying that Sven would have found success as he was a top manager.
He wouldn't have come close to the UCL, but he absolutely should have managed the team in 08/09. Shinawatra was a disaster and its Sven who caught the brunt of that.

We looked really good before the war crimes stuff and the freezing of assets. Had Sven outlasted Shinawatra, he would have been much better than Mark Hughes.

I don't think it's unreasonable to say we could have properly contended for the Europa League that year.

Foden is slightly overrated

The talent is obvious but I think he needs to really kick on now and show if he's as good as everyone says. He's 23, not a kid anymore, if he's going to set the world alight like some think he can, he needs to start doing it now.

I thought last season was the season he really needed to establish himself as a genuine top level player but it was a stop-start season for him with the world cup, Injury, illness etc.

I think the time is now for him to really show he is this generational talent some people label him as. We all know how technically good he is but it has to be put into practice by establishing yourself as one of the first names on the team sheet.

That sounds like I'm not saying he hasn't been excellent for us. He has, but he's approaching mid 20s in the next season or so. So now he needs to become one of the main men without any debate.

I think he can do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.