Controversial City opinions

Playing in the middle field, I really expect Foden to have higher ceil than Gundogan. Not only that, I hope it's true in just the next 1 or 2 years (yeah, that's the stretch goal, but we are with Pep who pushes players to their new height, so why not aim big).

For Alvarez, I'm not sure, he's more like an attacker, maybe number 9, or 9.5, or 10. But Bernardo is more like number 7, 8, 11, 6, 5 or whatever, but maybe not so much about 9 or 9.5. I mean Alvarez is much better at scoring goals, but Bernardo is better at many other things, their role is not really the same, so it's hard to compare.
Anyway, I'd be happy even if I'm wrong and you're right about Alvarez and Bernardo.

For Foden, I do hope we are both right :D

The thing that worries me about Phil is when he gets a kick early in a game he seems to struggle for the rest of it. Don't know if it was just linked to the foot injury he was carrying last season but teams have started to get wise to it. The opposition full backs have all started leaving nasty ones in on him early in games and of course the referees don't book them until they make 5 fouls.

I've seen he's training with Rashford, while this would normally make my fucking toes curl whoever he worked with last Summer definitely got him in supreme condition so hopefully Phil comes into next season firing on all cylinders and with a bit more bulk.

I disagree, I loved Pellegrini and we played the best football I’ve seen under him in his first season. Pep spent over a billion where Pelle got Bony, Fernando and Mangala so it’s hard to compare
Signings he made himself ?
His last two seasons his teams went backwards results wise big time.
He got us to a Champions League semi final where over the two legs we hardly laid a finger on Madrid.
He was lucky that Pep gave them a time when he was starting because it gave him another season in the job that he did not deserve.
The Mancini team in the first 5 to 6 months of 2011/12 played better football as well.

His last two seasons his teams went backwards results wise big time.
He got us to a Champions League semi final where over the two legs we hardly laid a finger on Madrid.
He was lucky that Pep gave them a time when he was starting because it gave him another season in the job that he did not deserve.
The Mancini team in the first 5 to 6 months of 2011/12 played better football as well.
i didn’t see much of the Mancini team tbh. Pep gave them a time when he was starting because he wanted clarity FFP had been beaten so he could spend £1b+. At least Pellegrini took the challenge of a restricted budget because Pep ran away from
It for 4 years Lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.