Controversial City opinions

OK here’s my opener

Foden and Alvarez have a higher ceiling than Gundogan and Bernardo

Massive respect and appreciation for Bernardo and Gundogan but Phil central and Alvarez on the right would be even more deadly

Grealish— Haaland—Alvarez
———Foden— KDB

Vs

Grealish— Haaland—Bernardo
———Gundogan— KDB
Playing in the middle field, I really expect Foden to have higher ceil than Gundogan. Not only that, I hope it's true in just the next 1 or 2 years (yeah, that's the stretch goal, but we are with Pep who pushes players to their new height, so why not aim big).

For Alvarez, I'm not sure, he's more like an attacker, maybe number 9, or 9.5, or 10. But Bernardo is more like number 7, 8, 11, 6, 5 or whatever, but maybe not so much about 9 or 9.5. I mean Alvarez is much better at scoring goals, but Bernardo is better at many other things, their role is not really the same, so it's hard to compare.
Anyway, I'd be happy even if I'm wrong and you're right about Alvarez and Bernardo.

For Foden, I do hope we are both right :D

Pellegrini's title of 2013/14 was purely about Mancini's team finally displaying muscle memory of how to play & win.
His only contribution - was that of not being Mancini.

Massively agree with this, Pellers was not a good manager. Even Pep took a year to get us out of the malaise he left the squad in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.