Corners

You can see a lot of our players don't take much note when taking the corners . Watched some of the replays, they just take the shot without waiting to aim where it's going. It's more just about putting the ball back in play (problem being it works against us..) instead of getting it in for one of players in the box to head in.

Good to see that our run of cock-ups has not been broken.

For goodness sake what the hell do we do at training sessions. The number of corners we get and the return from them is embarrassing.

The fact that today we had 3 different corner takers who put the ball in the exact same place to me says they must be being instructed to play it to the near post. If that is the case then who the fuck is supposed to be at the near post to flick it on?

Shall we start a sweepstake for what number corner it will be when we finally score? I'll start the bidding at 210.

RandomJ said:
Shall we start a sweepstake for what number corner it will be when we finally score? I'll start the bidding at 210.

I'll go for 1618...

Everyone cheered when we got another corner today. I shook my head. Guess what happened?

214 corners in all competitions, 160 in the league, since Demichelis last scored from 1 against Arsenal.
The vast majority never get past the first defender.

Complete and utter garbage.

When a smaller opponent is the first man defending corners and he can clear it with his knees to another corner what the players inside must think? Like Kompany/Demichelis who run up for a header and see corners after corners being cleared by the first man's knees as its that high only and hardly any strong corners....

Only hate our complete mess of a defending more. Like how easily can even lesser sides create lots of space around box, have clear shots, headers etc. Sometimes they come trough our midfield like a hot knive trough the butter. What we only see is the panic on our defenders' face but thats already a consquence of the defending higher up thats actually missing.

Like today Hull goal, that ball coming back from woodwork it could have gone 3 different way would still found a clear Hull player to score...

No defensive discipline whatsoever.

I don't understand why we don't use Yaya for corners when he is in team. He has all abilities needed to take great corners.

Send the big man to the flag and put Navas to cover his position in the case of counter, he is fast enough to run after their players.

g180aj said:
The fact that today we had 3 different corner takers who put the ball in the exact same place to me says they must be being instructed to play it to the near post. If that is the case then who the fuck is supposed to be at the near post to flick it on?

We actually were pretty good in those flicks when Pelegrini just came, Demichelis would get on lot of those and flicked them into dangerous areas. Then everything went to shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.