Corners

I was watching s PSV game the other day and the Dutch co-commentator discussing corners came out with the stat that only 2 goals are scored from every 100 corners. I don't know if it's true but the Dutch tend to know these things. If it is true we're around 5 goals down this season. Given the number of draws we've had, even those goals would have been useful.

I imagine this has already been said, but our corner taking against Barca was actually pretty good, in any case better than it's been for a long time. If dzeko gets that goal it very probably changes the dynamic of the match. Noticed that Barca were playing all their corners short. That makes sense if you're a brilliant short-ball playing team, and you've got nobody big to put in the box. My conclusion is that unless we're playing Dzeko (or Bony) we should probably be playing short corners (Silva to Nasri, or vice versa, on a very quick one-two) most of the time.

Did my eyes deceive me or did we really have a header (from Bony) that was directed towards the goal in today's game? If so, we'll be forcing the keeper into a save soon. And then, wonder of wonders, a goal.

Bluekiwi said:
Did my eyes deceive me or did we really have a header (from Bony) that was directed towards the goal in today's game? If so, we'll be forcing the keeper into a save soon. And then, wonder of wonders, a goal.
Calm down BK.

Beat the first man - Check (except Navas)

Create a chance - Check

Now onto our next challenge....scoring.

You'd think that the coaching staff would change something with our corners. Instead everything is the same as always. Same players taking them, same 'runs' in the box, same results. I'd rather all our corners be short corners, at least it'd show us that they even see there's a problem there.

We're probably 4-6 points down on where we should be because of our shite corners. Chelsea quite routinely break the deadlock with goals from corners. We've scored 1 and it got us 1 pt. They are important.

I get far more wound up with our opponents corners.Why the fuck do we have to have 11 men back in our box,when 4 players and their goalie are nowhere near our penalty area.
You only had to look at the Barca game and they had three players up on our halfway line.Why the fuck Kun has to come back for opponents corners is beyond me.One big boot from the defending and where the fuck does the ball end up ... with our opponents.
MP please make Kun and Navas stay up front in future and help put the fear of god into those defenders trying to stop their pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.