Coronation of King Charles 3rd

Cross party commision & commitee to choose candidates, vetting procedures with full transparency of vested interests, affirmation referendum.
Clearly I've not thought this through (took me about 10 seconds) but it is not beyond the wit of man, unless of course your political bias is to preserve and defend the status quo, in which case you've got to be a bit of a knob given the state of this country.

"Above all, the existence of a hereditary monarchy helps to prop up all the privilege and patronage that corrupts our society; that is why the crown is seen as being of such importance to those who run the country - or enjoy the privileges it affords."
You get me completely wrong. I have already stated that I am not a monarchist, not do I have any time for our political parties.

Anyone who wants to become president is automatically political, you've just alluded to cross party committee, which in itself is political.

Just drastically slim down the monarchy, remove all of the hangers on from the civil list, and hold on to the history and traditions of this country.

You get me completely wrong. I have already stated that I am not a monarchist, not do I have any time for our political parties.

Anyone who wants to become president is automatically political, you've just alluded to cross party committee, which in itself is political.

Just drastically slim down the monarchy, remove all of the hangers on from the civil list, and hold on to the history and traditions of this country.
Your last paragraph succinctly says it all for me. :-)

Zero interest.

We are artificially preserving an institution that should have died out (at the latest) in the 18th Century. It has no practical purpose whatsoever, and I don't go for fluff and BS. I am more interested in feeding housing and educating everyone to 21st Century standards.

It’s probably just my age but I quite like us having a monarch. Not really arsed about the cost, etc, I just like the pomp and circumstance and the fact that a lot of countries still seem slightly envious and respectful of our pageantry.

Not interested in the politics, media back stabbing, weirdness side of things, it’s more about the nostalgia and prestige. Good for tourism too.
I don't understand what age has to do with it.

If your happy for our broken, damaged country to spend 100m plus they don't have on a full on fancy dress party good for you, I would think the money would be far better given to give doctors, nurses etc a decent living wage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.