Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guidance is stay local.
"Stay local means stay in the village, town, or part of the city where you live."

I get that, for me though that'd literally mean walking around grey roads and the actual city centre. I don't think anyone would begrudge anyone a bit of genuine green space and actual fresh air, especially when you're out in the open near absolutely no one else. No stop offs, nice and early, north west still, home before lunch after a nice bit of exercise walking up a hill. Felt miles better for it. Was in a right slump beforehand.

Vaccinations clearly still going up day to day. Let us hope the snow coming over the weekend is not going to dent all that good work.

The increase in Scotland has been brilliant, and exactly what everyone expected as we were told all along that the care homes were prioritised then it would take off in the community. I think some people refused to listen and were quick to jump on the relative lower numbers posted each day without acknowledging the reasonable explanation. Good to see things accelerating now, as you point out the weather up here is very bad right now so I can only hope it doesn't have too big an impact over the coming days.

Offered seems the right stat to me for a couple of reasons ...
But, to argue ad absurdum, a conversation might go like this -
NHS to care home in Basingstoke "Hi there, good news! We can offer to vaccinate all your care home residents this afternoon in Durham." ....... "Oh, I see you can't manage that, well we'll just have to get back to you for the next available possibility."
The vaccine has been "offered".
Although that seems extreme there was a lovely 80+ year old lady from London on TV who had been offered a vaccination in Birmingham.

The increase in Scotland has been brilliant, and exactly what everyone expected as we were told all along that the care homes were prioritised then it would take off in the community. I think some people refused to listen and were quick to jump on the relative lower numbers posted each day without acknowledging the reasonable explanation. Good to see things accelerating now, as you point out the weather up here is very bad right now so I can only hope it doesn't have too big an impact over the coming days.
I should add 1 to the over 70s on Sunday.

I get that, for me though that'd literally mean walking around grey roads and the actual city centre. I don't think anyone would begrudge anyone a bit of genuine green space and actual fresh air, especially when you're out in the open near absolutely no one else. No stop offs, nice and early, north west still, home before lunch after a nice bit of exercise walking up a hill. Felt miles better for it. Was in a right slump beforehand.
I agree. I live just off Regent Road. Nothing like a lovely trek up the A6 :/

What sort of distance do you think we can travel and get away with if questioned by the authorities? My mental health is in desperate need of a change of scenery this weekend.
If you live somewhere urban, I think it’s perfectly acceptable drive further than someone who lives in the country. You need fresh air and a bit of greenery.

I don't think anyone would begrudge anyone a bit of genuine green space and actual fresh air, especially when you're out in the open near absolutely no one else. No stop offs, nice and early, north west still, home before lunch after a nice bit of exercise walking up a hill. Felt miles better for it. Was in a right slump beforehand.

Our local council does. They've padlocked the gates to our local Country Park.

Our local council does. They've padlocked the gates to our local Country Park.
I don’t know where you live but parks do attract crowds and probably need to be locked, much better to drive out a bit and find your own bit of countryside with few people for a walk. That said it’s easy for me to say where I’m living a 5 minute drive and there’s nobody there except sheep.

False analogy.

Anyone offered a vaccination can go and get it. Most will but a minority won't. As having the vaccine isn't compulsory all the government can do is inform people when they are eligible to have it.

There appears to be a problem with minority groups who are high risk having a far lower take up than non BAME. There's not much you can do about that in the short term but maybe over time when they see family and friends still dying of Covid and that not happening for vaccinated people they will change their minds.

A friend of my wife's is a community nurse and she has refused her offered vaccination. The reason she has done so is that in her mid 50s she has become a fanatical vegan so she won't have it because it has been tested on animals. It is completely bizarre as all the drugs she administers to her patients are also tested on animals but as things stand she can't be forced to have it.
You're correct, I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.