Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed that J&J have applied to the FDA in the USA to host an ACM to grant an EUA.

Anyway, enough Sesame Street. I hope that at the end of all this, we will have one international regulatory body to which all companies must first submit.

I don’t know where you live but parks do attract crowds and probably need to be locked, much better to drive out a bit and find your own bit of countryside with few people for a walk. That said it’s easy for me to say where I’m living a 5 minute drive and there’s nobody there except sheep.
You make reasonable points, but it's their inconsistency that's irritating. e.g. They've locked up the nearest CP about 2 miles away but there's another one they manage about 10 miles away that's stayed open.

The one further away is long and largely linear (it follows the track of a former minerals railway) so it's harder to maintain distance from walkers and cyclists coming the other way.

The one they've locked up much larger in terms of area, not especially busy at this time of year (*) and its really easy to keep distance from other people.

* i.e. Maximum 20 cars there at lunchtime which is the busiest time of day

Other local options have been very limited recently due to river flooding and lingering surface water on paddocks.

Our local council does. They've padlocked the gates to our local Country Park.

Councils are really in a no win situation with stuff like this though. I live near Hollingworth Lake and there have been more than a few weekends over the past few months where it has been heaving up there. I'm talking sunny August bank holiday levels of busy. So they then get pressure from the locals to do exactly what your council has done.

Anyone up for some good news?

following the nurse and paramedic earlier on this week telling me how much better things are now than 2 weeks ago, today a nurse from macc hosp who works on ICU said today there are only 2 covid patients on the ward.
2 weeks ago there was more rona patients than other, today only 2 and empty beds!!

happy friday

England hospital deaths well down again.

537 v 744 last week

Happily just 69 from the NW - still a little high but not up with the near 20% yesterday. And with three regions. higher

England 537 hospital deaths by age:

0 - 19 (1) 0.1%

20 - 39 (4) 0.9%

40 - 59 (44) 8.2%

60 - 79 (219) 40.8%

80 PLUS (269) 50.0%

Not very different from yesterday, But the over 80s almost sub 50% again.

And the younger ages contributing near 10% again. Another under 20 two days running is tragic and unusual.

Numbers there not really rising. They just seem to be because the older age ones are falling more.

It is not yet clear and obvious that over 80s deaths are tumbling the most but is starting to look like it.

I figure that if we were all lumped in as one as Greater Manchester in the tier system, then I can travel within the wider greater Manchester area to partake in exercise.

Course you can - what harm is a 30 minute drive and have a good walk and keep your distance from other people. I am going to have a walk around this weekend somewhere as not seen grass for a week being in Town.

England hospital deaths 3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v Today

807 / 90 NW / 11%

993 / 94 NW / 9%

744 / 94 NW / 12.6%

537 / 69 NW / 12.8% Today

So still trending up but not much above the average weekly for NW.

And not far short of a 50% drop in deaths across two weeks and similar 30/40% falls seeming to now be the norm week to week most days is very good indeed.

Little doubt now the numbers are going the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.