Coronavirus (2021) thread

Franny's toilet roll

You may well get turned away if you're too young, they'te not very happy about queue jumping.
Better leave my piss stained pjamas on then and not shave , put some Perry Como on the car stereo
I think they'd be more unhappy having the slots unfilled and facilities running under capacity? My missus has already missed her second jab appointment yet she wasn't notified and has had to sort another appointment, so I say there's an element of self management required to help them get through the numbers

Vic

Good to see Captain Tom's funeral on Sunday will be given full military honours and Church Bells around the UK will be allowed to ring out in his honour.

They don't usually ring themselves. 6/8 people in a confined space exerting themselves - might as well open gyms....

I mean, no disrespect to Captain Tom, but they don't normally ring bells for a funeral (except a single bell tolling) so I don't get the idea.

Tim of the Oak

I see there a few, “I walked through Miss Side in the 80s/90s without getting mugged” posts about that play down the risks from the virus. I notice in the media the call to reopen everything now that reappear every time we make some progress against Covid. The Government have a plan for reopening leisure and the economy whilst increasing the capacity of non Covid patients to get timely treatment / care. Things are going to get better pretty soon as long as the vast majority follow the rules.

Going a bit off topic but I saw BBC journalism drop to new depths yesterday when a Beeb Sports Journo promoted the expansion of MTK / Kinahan Cartel from boxing into football management. The new Chairman of the BBC really needs to act if he wants them to increase their credibility on more serious issues like the Pandemic.

kippaxwarrior

It's not where your from, it's where your at
Annoyed with my fellow Mostonians.

As you know there was an outbreak of the Bristol variant last week and people from Moston and Harpurhey were advised to get tested.

I went to the testing station last week when it opened and it was pretty busy. Got a test and the next morning got my result back(negative)

However I've been past the testing station about 4 times in the last week during the afternoon and everytime it's been completely empty.

Just really annoys me that a lot of people like me are doing everything they can to help stop the spread while a lot of people round the area just don't seem to give a shit

blueparrot

They don't usually ring themselves. 6/8 people in a confined space exerting themselves - might as well open gyms....

I mean, no disrespect to Captain Tom, but they don't normally ring bells for a funeral (except a single bell tolling) so I don't get the idea.
Quite a lot do ring themdelves. Automatic or recorded bells quite common now.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.