Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a great initial response it's fallen off a cliff, hasn't it? I have a colleague in Prague and he is totally depressed and furious about the whole situation, the government, the population, everything.

Yes, it's pretty grim. Can't see any light at the end of the tunnel at the moment with cases rising sharply and low numbers of vaccines.

Czech Republic.
Thanks. Not really been up to speed with how it's going over there but just had a look at the figures and it's astonishing how seriously impressive they were during the first wave compared to how it's unravelled in the second and third waves. Is there any particular reason why it's currently so bad despite you being in lockdown? Are certain things open that ought not to be or an increase in non-compliance amongst the public perhaps?

WHO stating deaths have dropped 20 percent for the entire planet in the last week and have been falling for the last 6 weeks.

3 months of vaccinations by more developed countries would put some dent in numbers so far. Are these new strains mutating downwards or is it immunity in the population going upwards cutting off routes for transmission?

WHO stating deaths have dropped 20 percent for the entire planet in the last week and have been falling for the last 6 weeks.

3 months of vaccinations by more developed countries would put some dent in numbers so far. Are these new strains mutating downwards or is it immunity in the population going upwards cutting off routes for transmission?
They've followed an almost 50% drop in cases, I'm not sure what's caused it, a lot has come from drops in USA and India. I know it's a bit of a mystery to india what the cause is. It isn't vaccinations causing the bulk of it yet though.

Last edited:
If the USA hadn’t halted the Oxford / AZ trials then we would have been a couple of months further ahead with vaccinating the U.K. population. I just thought I would mention this because the shoddy performance in the EU is rightly highlighted but the efforts to undermine the Oxford / AZ vaccine started across the pond. Of course US regulators were within their rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.