Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been back this week to get tested or is it just a one time thing?
Once you've been test you don't have to go back unless your showing symptoms. Just seems odd that around 17,000 people live in the area affected and the testing station is empty. There have been people and PSCO's on streets asking people to get tested.

You have to give your address details so I guess they will have checklists of adesses which haven't been tested yet

Last edited:
Unfortunately it is going to be a choice. And choices often have consequences without them being discriminatory.

Have the vaccine or accept that your choice to not do may limit what you can do if others decide that it puts them at risk.

I agree we should not impose this onto those who prefer not to have it but that choice has to have ramifications otherwise why would lots of people who do not think they are at risk bother to get vaccinated because others who are at risk need them to stay healthy too?

And we only come out of this by protecting the vulnerable as best we can if the vast majority of people will do the right thing here. Not to mention life getting back to normal depending on enough adults doing so to create herd immunity. The vulnerable alone cannot do that. So the normality the non vaxxers crave will only exist if non vaxxers face a consequence for opting out. Otherwise it becomes cake and eat it.

I doubt it will be a universal policy but some places will likely decide that to bring back the people they need to rebuild their business they have to go with the majority. And the overwhelming majority will have the vaccine - that is obvious already - and those who cannot for medical reasons should be exempted. But if you opt out by free choice then I do not see it unfair to expect consequences as your choice to opt out has to be matched alongside the choice of the business involved to do what it thinks most of its clientele will prefer.

After all you have a choice to pass a test and drive a car because a car can hurt people if not used correctly. Or to choose not to do this and get the bus. But not to opt out AND still drive a car and hope you do not hurt anyone a a consequence.

Choices work both ways and inevitably have consequences whichever choice is taken.
It's thought that the vaccine uptake won't be as great amongst the youngsters, one knock on from a vaccine passport will be once the kids realise they ain't having their 2 weeks in magaluf without it, they will be banging on the doors to get it.

At least the situation in the UK looks under some kind of control with numbers dropping and high numbers of vaccinations.

Where I am living case numbers continue to rise sharply despite being in 'lockdown' for a few months now. We are 6-7 times smaller than the UK yet have over 15,000 cases today. Higher death rate than the UK per capita too. Nowhere near enough vaccines either (I think just over 500,000 have been vaccinated total so far).

When I moved here the country was being widely praised for its handling of the Covid situation. Not anymore.

At least the situation in the UK looks under some kind of control with numbers dropping and high numbers of vaccinations.

Where I am living case numbers continue to rise sharply despite being in 'lockdown' for a few months now. We are 6-7 times smaller than the UK yet have over 15,000 cases today. Higher death rate than the UK per capita too. Nowhere near enough vaccines either (I think just over 500,000 have been vaccinated total so far).

When I moved here the country was being widely praised for its handling of the Covid situation. Not anymore.
Where's that mate?

The Czech Republic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.