Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Captain Tom's funeral on Sunday will be given full military honours and Church Bells around the UK will be allowed to ring out in his honour.

They don't usually ring themselves. 6/8 people in a confined space exerting themselves - might as well open gyms....

I mean, no disrespect to Captain Tom, but they don't normally ring bells for a funeral (except a single bell tolling) so I don't get the idea.

I see there a few, “I walked through Miss Side in the 80s/90s without getting mugged” posts about that play down the risks from the virus. I notice in the media the call to reopen everything now that reappear every time we make some progress against Covid. The Government have a plan for reopening leisure and the economy whilst increasing the capacity of non Covid patients to get timely treatment / care. Things are going to get better pretty soon as long as the vast majority follow the rules.

Going a bit off topic but I saw BBC journalism drop to new depths yesterday when a Beeb Sports Journo promoted the expansion of MTK / Kinahan Cartel from boxing into football management. The new Chairman of the BBC really needs to act if he wants them to increase their credibility on more serious issues like the Pandemic.

Annoyed with my fellow Mostonians.

As you know there was an outbreak of the Bristol variant last week and people from Moston and Harpurhey were advised to get tested.

I went to the testing station last week when it opened and it was pretty busy. Got a test and the next morning got my result back(negative)

However I've been past the testing station about 4 times in the last week during the afternoon and everytime it's been completely empty.

Just really annoys me that a lot of people like me are doing everything they can to help stop the spread while a lot of people round the area just don't seem to give a shit

They don't usually ring themselves. 6/8 people in a confined space exerting themselves - might as well open gyms....

I mean, no disrespect to Captain Tom, but they don't normally ring bells for a funeral (except a single bell tolling) so I don't get the idea.
Quite a lot do ring themdelves. Automatic or recorded bells quite common now.

Annoyed with my fellow Mostonians.

As you know there was an outbreak of the Bristol variant last week and people from Moston and Harpurhey were advised to get tested.

I went to the testing station last week when it opened and it was pretty busy. Got a test and the next morning got my result back(negative)

However I've been past the testing station about 4 times in the last week during the afternoon and everytime it's been completely empty.

Just really annoys me that a lot of people like me are doing everything they can to help stop the spread while a lot of people round the area just don't seem to give a shit

Have you been back this week to get tested or is it just a one time thing?

100% mate, this is why I was careful to stick the comment solely on anti-vaxxers/Covid denying freaks.

There will be a myriad of people who are either unable for medical reasons or reluctant due to history, and they have all my sympathy.

All credit and respect to you that despite the trauma you've been through, you still plan on getting the jab.
Cheers, and I know you were only calling out the anti-vaxxers/Covid deniers.

Despite the family history, it's been quite an easy decision for me to make. It's a different vaccine and different times compared to back then, and while I'm sure this vaccine will sadly affect someone somewhere badly, IMO the benefits to the many far outweigh the negatives and it really is our only way out of this.

Going back to the deniers, I'm convinced that some of them are so far entrenched in their views and don't want to be proven wrong that they would prefer it if we were locked down forever rather than we return to normality, which is utterly bizarre considering they keep moaning about their freedoms being taken away during this pandemic. Hopefully for all our sakes the data continues to improve apace which should make the roadmap out of lockdown a reality. If it does, then I'm going to take great delight in ramming it down the throats of the Covid deniers and their QAnon-inspired idea that it was all created to oppress us as part of a power grab by a supposed New World Order. Freaks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.