Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the effect it’s having tourism my wife works for hays travel, we lost thousands in bonuses last year as she was the highest seller in the company and her job is on the line every week that this goes on with thousand of others. If that’s the case that the vaccines ruduces chances of carrying the virus I don’t think countries will mind opening up to us but if not, said country will more than likely not be in the position ours is as they are not vaccinating as quickly as we are. There priority will be there citizens not ours I would have thought.

There are plenty of unanswered and currently unanswerable questions floating around surrounding international travel.

Your initial comment wasn't to do with that though, more along the lines of 'but the vaccine doesn't stop you spreading it so who will want us'.

The vaccine won't eliminate Covid, but should (hopefully) allow us to lead a relatively normal life again due to the huge amount of risk it removes.

There are plenty of unanswered and currently unanswerable questions floating around surrounding international travel.

Your initial comment wasn't to do with that though, more along the lines of 'but the vaccine doesn't stop you spreading it so who will want us'.

The vaccine won't eliminate Covid, but should (hopefully) allow us to lead a relatively normal life again due to the huge amount of risk it removes.
Yes it will help us vaccinated people to lead a normal life. Other countries will not be vaccinated, if they are that desperate for our tourism cash I think they will let us in, if not they will do what we in this country always wanted in keeping the borders closed. I’ve just booked Turkey for next year I think this year will be a struggle to go abroad an rightly so until everyone is vaccinated, the typical English mentality of I’m alright jack won’t wash with most countries IMO
I don’t really understand your bit about my initial comment as my initial comment has been the same throughout if the vaccine does not stop the spread were in the same boat on travelling abroad.

Last edited:
Did you manage to get to Nerja ?
Unfortunately not, no.
Definitely the first place we are looking to get booked though, if possible. We don't usually go away until September so hopefully things will have improved by then ;-)

Unfortunately not, no.
Definitely the first place we are looking to get booked though, if possible. We don't usually go away until September so hopefully things will have improved by then ;-)
Fingers crossed . We are hoping to go back in either October or February. Love the place

Yes it will help us vaccinated people to lead a normal life. Other countries will not be vaccinated, if they are that desperate for our tourism cash I think they will let us in, if not they will do what we in this country always wanted in keeping the borders closed. I’ve just booked Turkey for next year I think this year will be a struggle to go abroad an rightly so until everyone is vaccinated, the typical English mentality of I’m alright jack won’t wash with most countries IMO
I don’t really understand your bit about my initial comment as my initial comment has been the same throughout if the vaccine does not stop the spread were in the same boat on travelling abroad.

''Thing that I don’t get is I thought these vaccines did not prevent you from carrying the virus, if this is the case I really cannot see many countries allowing us to head over and spread the virus more than it already is''

I brought up your initial comment because the insinuation was that because someone might still be able to carry the virus despite being vaccinated, then no-one is going to want us or anybody for that matter. Which clearly won't be the case, because the vaccine would appear to massively reduce risk. It won't reduce all risk because it's simply not possible, but if it reduces risk significantly then that is reason enough for countries to welcome tourists again.
Whether those tourists will need to have proof of vaccination remains to be seen....

I've said previously in here, and this was pre-Monday before the roadmap, that I expected some countries in Europe to welcome visitors again this summer from the UK, similar to summer 2020 in that there could be corridors with a handful of nations to permit travel.

I think Monday really enhanced the chances of international travel in a few months, and whilst there might be bumps in the road and some hurdles to jump, and no doubt many countries off limits for a while yet particularly long haul, I have almost no doubts now that people will be able to holiday in selected European countries this summer should they wish to.

Those wanting to wait until next year is cool.
Those wanting to only holiday domestically is cool.
Those wanting to holiday abroad is cool.

The beauty of travel; you can do as much or as little as you want.

''Thing that I don’t get is I thought these vaccines did not prevent you from carrying the virus, if this is the case I really cannot see many countries allowing us to head over and spread the virus more than it already is''

I brought up your initial comment because the insinuation was that because someone might still be able to carry the virus despite being vaccinated, then no-one is going to want us or anybody for that matter. Which clearly won't be the case, because the vaccine would appear to massively reduce risk. It won't reduce all risk because it's simply not possible, but if it reduces risk significantly then that is reason enough for countries to welcome tourists again.
Whether those tourists will need to have proof of vaccination remains to be seen....

I've said previously in here, and this was pre-Monday before the roadmap, that I expected some countries in Europe to welcome visitors again this summer from the UK, similar to summer 2020 in that there could be corridors with a handful of nations to permit travel.

I think Monday really enhanced the chances of international travel in a few months, and whilst there might be bumps in the road and some hurdles to jump, and no doubt many countries off limits for a while yet particularly long haul, I have almost no doubts now that people will be able to holiday in selected European countries this summer should they wish to.

Those wanting to wait until next year is cool.
Those wanting to only holiday domestically is cool.
Those wanting to holiday abroad is cool.

The beauty of travel; you can do as much or as little as you want.
Mate I get all of that I agree I really don’t care if anyone wants to travel or not, all I said was “if” the virus doesn’t reduce the spread we shouldn’t be going on holiday abroad. I still stand by that now I have not done any research on wether the virus submission is impacted or not that is why my initial comment wasn’t me stating a fact like you are that the vaccines reduces the spread. Maybe I should have just googled it instead of getting into all this with yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.