Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO we should be prioritising vaccination of prisoners and POs. I would happily delay my own highly anticipated jab to enable that.

I don't expect it to be a popular opinion!
Definitely not popular but it probably should be prioritised to safeguard the staff. Teachers have been shown to be no more at risk than the general working population but I'd be very surprised if prison officers aren't right up there in the at risk stakes.

IMO we should be prioritising vaccination of prisoners and POs. I would happily delay my own highly anticipated jab to enable that.

I just googled it. Apparently there is only 80k odd in prisons in the UK. Certainly wouldn't take long if they wanted to. Wouldn't get past the front pages of the news though.

GM scoreboard:

368 - down from 374 - 45.5 % of the NW total of 808 - down 72 . Rises from 42.5 % yesterday.

Wk to wk: 1013 v 941 v 1050 v 654 v 964 v 368 today - Rather erratic on Mondays but clearly well down.

Manchester 79 - down from 99. Pop score up 14 to 9039. Weekly cases 686. Weekly Pop down 17 to 124.

Bolton 45 - up from 34. Pop score up 16 to 8456. Weekly cases 448. Weekly Pop down 27 to 156.

Wigan 45 - up from 30. Pop score up 14 to 8314. Weekly cases 414. Weekly Pop down 18 to 126

Rochdale 32 - up from 28. Pop score up 15 to 8937. Weekly cases 347. Weekly Pop down 16 to 156.

Oldham 30 - down from 35. Pop score up 13 to 9132. Weekly cases 300. Weekly Pop down 13 to 127.

Stockport 29 - down from 33. Pop score up 10 to 6680. Weekly cases 383. Weekly Pop down 29 to 131. Biggest fall in Pop score by Stockport in ages. Lowest score by Stockport in ages and huge week to week fall.

Salford 29 - down from 33. Pop score up 12 to 8417. Weekly cases 307. Weekly Pop down 22 to 119.

Trafford 29 - up from 25. Pop score up 12 to 6603 - despite being on the same score Stockport's bigger population means a larger Pop rise for Trafford meaning for first time in a while their lead falls to 77 for best Pop across the pandemic. Weekly cases 204 - lowest in GM by far. Weekly Pop down 21 to become first GM borough sub 100 in several months. But again not the lowest score today.

Tameside 25 - down from 31. Pop score up 9 to 7503. Best Pop score today and first single figure for Tameside in a while. Well and truly over its recent problems. Weekly cases 311. Weekly Pop down 31 to 135. One of the biggest single day fall I recall. Even beats Stockport who had a cases fall of 85 from 114 week to week - Tameside falling from 90 to 25 in the week!

Bury 25- up from 18. Also looks over the 'crisis' it was in according to the media the other day. Another best score. Pop score up 13 to 8575. Weekly cases 286. Weekly Pop down 28 to 150. Yet another big weekly Pop fall today in GM. Some doozies today in that regard that has boosted the GM numbers no end.

Weekly Pop - Borough / Today / Seven days ago / Up/down by Lowest score is best - going down good/up bad

I add the Pop score across the entire pandemic too at the end per 100. This is essentially the percentage of the population in the borough who have tested positive and been recorded. So the minimum immunity acquired that way - if indeed any lasts up to a year by that route. Unrecorded cases, asymptomatic and, of course, vaccinated immunity are all on top of this base number locally.

Bolton 156 / 229 / down 73 Testing positive 8.4%

Rochdale 156 / 175 / down 19 Testing positive 8.9%

Bury 150/ 228 / down 78 Testing positive 8.6%

Tameside 135 / 203 / down 68 Testing positive 7.5%

Stockport 131 / 183 / down 52 Testing positive 6.7%

Oldham 127 / 147 / down 20 Testing positive 9.1%

Wigan 126 / 174 / down 48 Testing positive 8.3%

Manchester 124 / 179 / down 55 Testing positive 9.0%

Salford 119 / 189 / down 70 Testing positive 8.4%

Trafford 86 / 135 / down 49 Testing positive 6.6%

A much more healthy looking set of scores. More boroughs now below the NW average than above and nobody a lot above. Some big falls week to week and Trafford just keeps on dropping and is now far and away the best in GM and around where all the best scores in the UK are too.

Another good day for GM. But the lower you go the harder it is to get week to week numbers of this kind. If you are in single figures for your pop score there is only a single figure to drop day to day however well you do.

Last edited:
Definitely not popular but it probably should be prioritised to safeguard the staff. Teachers have been shown to be no more at risk than the general working population but I'd be very surprised if prison officers aren't right up there in the at risk stakes.
Why not just the staff? If they’ve not been done already?

You're right, Prison Officers yes. Prisoners, no way, far more deserving cases.

I saw the reopening of pubs with gardens as a small thing. Not worth the hassle, might as well as well take a flask to the park. People at my work are booking days off for that week?? Christ. Is it really worth booking a day off for?

I saw the reopening of pubs with gardens as a small thing. Not worth the hassle, might as well as well take a flask to the park. People at my work are booking days off for that week?? Christ. Is it really worth booking a day off for?
I can’t wait to go for a beer with my mates . Can’t wait to go for a beer with my brother and city mates . I can’t wait to back to normality of going to the pub after a walk . It’s what people like doing , I don’t get pissed , just miss the social side of meeting up .Yes I realise pubs are only opening gardens but I will take that thanks .

You're right, Prison Officers yes. Prisoners, no way, far more deserving cases.
Not everyone in prison are sex offenders etc some are in for fines, petty shop lifting etc,I wonder how many on this forum have gotten away with things they would have been locked up for a fair few I bet, not all are bad people some just act stupid at times

Yes. It really is. I retired early to sit in public bars and pub gardens listening to folk talking garbage and occasionally look up from reading a book to chip in my two penn'orth.

Pubs are vital to the nation's mental health, particularly the old and lonely. Just look how desperate people are to be outside in queues for coffee chatting at the moment.

Can't wait for the 12th, just hope Council licensing regulations allow pubs enough scope to open gardens viably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.