Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightclubs for fully vaccinated only from end of September - Zahawi​

Zahawi has announced that people will be required to be fully vaccinated to attend "large crowded settings" such as nightclubs from the end of September - after all over-18s have had the chance to receive both vaccine doses and develop immunity.
"So at that point we plan to make full vaccination a condition of entry to nightclubs and other venues where large crowds gather, proof of a negative test will no longer be sufficient," he said.
"We will ensure the appropriate exemptions for those who have genuine medical reasons of why they can't get vaccinated and I'm clear we will always look at the evidence available and do all we can to ensure people can continue to do the things they love."
Article share tools

Someone with a bit of backbone - I’m 100% in favour of this.

Every region down by a lot today with this unexpected big cases drop.

NW down 1786 and GM falls by more than half to that which is very good news for GM.

Down 825 to 2147,

Week to week GM is up by 104. The lowest rise in a while,

The NW though is up week to week 407.

Needless to say rising by 104 of that 407 is a pretty good day for Greater Manchester,

Last edited:
Last Monday was 9 but 50 on Tuesday. I expect a rise tomorrow but not as high as 50.
It is always low on Mondays due to lack of Sunday registration. And will rise tomorrow for the same reason as it has across the pandemic.

But I was saying it was low today because of the number I posted earlier from England hospitals for today - which was 11 - which was a big jump up from 4 last week - and with 4 others from the other three home nations added (when those were zero last week) it was a concern that out of hospital deaths (care homes etc) might be on the rise too today.

So out of hospital deaths added on were only 4 today which is low for a Monday and less than the 5 added last week.

It is complicated how the deaths are worked out. No idea why England do not do what the other three nations do - give ONE number daily from all settings. England insist on the hospital ones and then hours late add the rest.

the best and latest study out recently concludes that mass uptake of masks, ones that people can get hold of (so not super duper ones), "in an entire population wearing masks in public leads to a median reduction in the reproduction number R of 25.8%",

That's 123 experiments, over 22 sensitivity analyses, with ~20 million data points (92 regions in 6 continents).

That shows that masks are worth using. Double jabs, plus mask, plus lots of Vitamin D, will reduce the odds of you getting Covid drastically. The current wave will have a big (negative) impact on unvaccinated people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.