Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farce.
How far do they wish to take it.
Why all these events in recent weeks without jabs but from October you need them?

But they can't do that as there is an 8 week gap between jabs so if you want to go to a nightclub at the end of September and you've not had a jab your first jab will have to be in the next 2 weeks then a 8 week wait for your second jab
They would have been well clear if they had took up the invitation when first offered.

To push people to get the jabs by then perhaps.
Because pretty soon the hard core anti jab people will be by far the most likely to catch Covid and spread it and risk further mutations that - if we are unlucky - would send us back to square one.

The right move is to give an incentive to act responsibly but allow choice not to in a free society.

Those sensible and / or desperate to go clubbing will doubtless put that ahead of some nut on Twitter.

And if they do not then at least their right to believe was preserved for them.

They could emigrate and see if they could find a country that would be more 'liberal'.

Depends if you call someone at risk of blood clots from an underlying condition being the same as someone who thinks little green men from zeta reticuli have engineered this dangerous vaccine to invade Earth by stealth.

One is a genuine reason which merits exemption. The other a view to which anyone is entitled but merits consequences if it dictates behavior and puts other people at risk.

I fully defend their right to believe what they choose. But there needs to be consequences when that belief put others at risk. Staying away from nightclubs for a few months is nothing compared to what some nations would do.
Agree with that. Reason I ask is because I’m sure I read ‘trying to get pregnant/have a child’ was considered a legitimate reason for declining a vaccination. Can’t remember which country that was, but it suggested It wouldn’t be difficult to find a reason to decline.

But they can't do that as there is an 8 week gap between jabs so if you want to go to a nightclub at the end of September and you've not had a jab your first jab will have to be in the next 2 weeks then a 8 week wait for your second jab

Fair point, although it doesn't have to be an eight week gap, the initial recommendation was two, but we’ll go with eight, so why not open the nightclubs now to only those who are double vaxxed?

Every country has had an issue with nightclubs or Karaoke bars for those in Singapore, and if double vaxxed is what it takes to open nightclubs safely then the strategy is flawed.

Unless I'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.