Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On reflection, it might well be 50 (ish) tomorrow.
That being said, even if it is 50+, context is all.
The best news on vaccination is that in the UK, with 68% of over 18’s now fully vaccinated, even with Delta rife, the deaths to cases ratio has fallen from about 1 in 50 during the January wave to 1 in 750 (or more) currently.
If we’d been at the non vaccine levels of winter, at current positive numbers, we’d currently be looking at over 800 deaths a day…..
I agree and posted some comparisons to show these numbers in real terms in here over the past few days. The difference is stark,

It is why we are opening up. If it was anything like January there is zero chance we would.

The demographic is that 75% of people who go to nightclubs are aged 18-30 and only 30% of that age group so far have had a jab.

They have got 10 weeks to getting double jabbed
OK.
So if production of the certificate is needed to ensure safety of night clubs in ten weeks time that means that the absence of such certificates now means the night clubs are unsafe?

Haha. I expect to see the same tomorrow. The inconsiderate and disrespectful stick out a mile.

I said to the missus that there will be 4 types of people who won't be wearing masks and I was pretty much spot on. I really don't like stereotypes but it's so clear to see.

Rather disappointingly, although entirely predictably I suppose, I’ve seen a post from some social media site today offering those who don’t want the jab the opportunity to fix the NHS app so it shows you have had both doses.

As far as I’m concerned if you don’t want one, don’t have one, but at least have the courage of your convictions. For the people offering this ‘service,’ a mandatory long prison sentence should be used as a deterrent.

Cases across the regions:

Change in last 24 hrs V seven days ago

SOUTH

East DOWN 1580 to 2249 V 2211 - tiny difference hee

London DOWN 1511 to 3940 V 4201 - such a big fall this is LOWER than last week

South East DOWN 1112 to 4545 V 3994

South West DOWN 965 to 3960 V 2953

Giant falls everywhere here. Not a clue why if this is not some data glitch we are not being told.

Seems too good to be true as it is nationwide.

MIDLANDS

East DOWN 762 to 2950 V 2227

West DOWN 694 to 3918 V 3020 - more big falls here

COMBINING THESE TWO INTO ONE AS THE NHS DOES TOTALS THE SECOND HIGHEST REGONAL NUMBERS 6868.

NORTH

North East DOWN 730 to 3159 V 3012

Yorkshire DOWN 737 to 4227 V 3632 Another big fall like everywhere here.

NE & YORKSHIRE as Zoe and the NHS combines these two for the hospital data and this is still now the biggest area with 7386 cases - over 2000 clear of the NW.

AND

NORTH WEST DOWN 1786 to 5176 V 4769

Biggest fall of the day and in a very long time.

Not a clue what happened today as there were a million tests - so higher than recent days when we had far more cases.

Something seems odd here. If it was a peak of the wave you would not expect the falls to be so evenly spread.

Past weeks NW numbers are 4769 - 4931 - 6203 - 6212 - 7256 - 7424 - 6962 - 5176

Equivalent NW numbers a week earlier 3945 - 3960 - 4950 - 5203 - 6487 - 4758 - 4231 - 4769

GM numbers in past week 2043 - 2034 - 2483 - 2715 - 2968 - 3088 - 2972 - 2147

Total in GM from the NW cases Total - 41.4% - down from 42.7% yesterday and 42.8.% a week ago.

Fairly good day for GM within the NW

Last edited:
I don't blame all these youngsters not getting jabbed,,
Statistically they are not likely to die, they will leave the clubs to go home to their double jabbed parents who aren't supposed to be so venerable anymore.. Club owners, and all accociated trades have been treated poorly so this news is not welcome..
I realise if hospitals, icu units end up struggling then something will have to give i see that.. Double jabbed to attend or go anywhere,, glad I don't do much and live in a remote "village"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.