Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I saw that in my head, but should have thought written it like that instead of thinking it through while waffling. :)
I'm th opposite. I can barely see it in my head and certainly cannot explain it. I had to resort to algebra and then to a simple numbers example. I wish the anti vaxxers would do the same and then they would understand. Unfortunately most anti vaxxers seem poorly educated or lack basic numeracy and will never understand.

Can anyone explain this nightclub thing.
BloJo going on about mega risks and vaccine certificates required end September?
Why are they open now then?
Easy. The next variant will superspread in Winter/Spring via nightclubs and sports events. It is logical.

Last edited:
Yes. It (apparently) works like this. You have a 1000 people. 950 vaccinated, 50 unvaccinated. 15 end up in hospital. 10 from the first group, 5 from the second. So, out of the 15, 66% are vaccinated. But the proportions are approx 1% from the first group and 10% from the second.

Then you factor in age demographics, greater proportion of vaccinated people are from high risk groups etc.

It‘s a math thing and I’m just the messenger :)
You’d need the figure for single vaccinated to do that calculation? The 60% figure was for fully vaccinated I thought I heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.