Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My taste and smell has started to return, that’s weird in itself as it doesn’t just come back instantly, you have various smells and tastes that work and some that don’t. This morning’s coffee tastes strange but is nearly normal, whereas I had chicken last night and could taste that, but still couldn’t taste wine or beer.
I never had it confirmed that I had covid, but I lost my taste and smell last April. Only thing I could smell were bananas. Weird, couldn't taste a bloody thing. Lasted about 5 weeks.

I never had it confirmed that I had covid, but I lost my taste and smell last April. Only thing I could smell were bananas. Weird, couldn't taste a bloody thing. Lasted about 5 weeks.
I’m just glad it’s returning. The thought of having an extended period without taste and smell was depressing.

My taste and smell has started to return, that’s weird in itself as it doesn’t just come back instantly, you have various smells and tastes that work and some that don’t. This morning’s coffee tastes strange but is nearly normal, whereas I had chicken last night and could taste that, but still couldn’t taste wine or beer.

Glad you’re on the mend.

The whole taste and smell thing is weird. I had what I assume was flu a few years ago (2016). Was really ill for about 10 days. Just as I was starting to feel better I met someone for a drink one night. Had a glass of wine and it tasted like petrol! I thought it was off at first but the other person said it was fine.

Took a further week for my taste buds to return to normal.

Maybe I was patient zero and never knew it. Or I had some other weird virus that wasn’t flu.

Glad you’re on the mend.

The whole taste and smell thing is weird. I had what I assume was flu a few years ago (2016). Was really ill for about 10 days. Just as I was starting to feel better I met someone for a drink one night. Had a glass of wine and it tasted like petrol! I thought it was off at first but the other person said it was fine.

Took a further week for my taste buds to return to normal.

Maybe I was patient zero and never knew it. Or I had some other weird virus that wasn’t flu.
I lose my taste and smell every time I have a cold, history of sinus problems, so it’s nothing new to me. What is completely different is it coming back in stages and with differences, it’s fucking weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.