Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making one assumption on incomplete data is no better than making another assumption. I was making the point that there is no logical basis why the NW would have more cases than London. Happy to hear opposing viewpoints that open my eyes but I doubt what you claim explains it.
/.
To be honest, I doubt the validity of the positive test data as it stands. It does not explain things like why Barnet has consistently had more cases (per 100k) than the borough next door.
I am no fan of much of the way data is collected and reported and it has changed and improved acrss the 21 months and so not easy to directly compare then with now. But I can only report what the data reports. am not a scientist or statistician so have no expertise in judging the numbers other than closely having followed them since March 2020 and kept lots of data records.

The numbers say what they say but I do not know the hows and whys. I simply noted what is a fact that the high cases for a week or two in London and relatvely low numbers in the NW had seen South East and London overtake the North West in the overall totals on the same day this week.

It is more than possible NW will escalate and regain the lead on this measure. But that is all it is the official government numbers. I think we would agree that many many cases were and still are never recorded in those numbers for all sorts of reasons and that tday there likely were nothing like the 45,691 cases tallied and might be closer to the Zoe estimate for the true number today which was 82,524.

Fair comment but masks in a shop but not getting pissed in a pub?

Im afraid nothing is making much sense anymore. As for day 2/8 tests etc and quarantine hotels then price is very much in focus and rightly so because we are being fleeced. You want people on board so you fleece them? Not the way to go imo.

Isolate while you await your result? No problem, pay me for the time off I’m being asked to take because right now, millions are probably ignoring that request because they simply can’t afford to take time off.
We are indeed being fleeced - for example why are PCR test so much more expensive in the UK than in other countries across Europe? There should be regulation.

First lab results for omicron...

Not good at all.
That said the reported severity of illness is starting to look amazingly small with virtually no lower respitory infection resulting in oxygen depletion.
Putin may be right - it could be a virus vaccine!

Last edited:
Just managed to bring my booster forward from the 29th to the 19th at the etihad..looks like the ramp up as started..
Had mine last Thursday,had 2 texts since from the NHS telling me that their records show I have not yet had it and can go and get one.
Wonder what the outcome would be if you were a bit docile and went for another booster a week later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.