Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good use of the "Piffy on a rock bun" saying, I am always using it but people often look puzled when I say it.
My Mother says it, or tries to, but says it wrong. She says “sitting here like Piffy Anne on a rock”.

We’ve never known where she got that from.

So now, per Israel, people need 4?
Given that Israel doesn't yet have the data on the effectiveness of the third dosage against Omicron, it seems a little early to be pushing a fourth dosage. Can't help thinking that once you start beating the 'world beating' drum for political reasons, that you become deaf to other voices.

Last edited:
Given that Israel doesn't yet have the data on the effectiveness of the third dosage against Omicron, it seems a little early to be pushing a fourth dose. Can't help thinking that once you start beating the 'world beating' drum for political reasons, that you become deaf to other voices.
yhp.

Didn’t see that coming…

Any chance of all restrictions being reversed now?

' The less good news is that while Omicron seems milder overall, the UKHSA has found it is not necessarily mild enough to avoid large numbers of hospitalizations. The experts have found evidence that for those who do become severely ill, there is still a high chance of hospitalization and death. The UKHSA has also confirmed that transmissibility of Omicron is very high, meaning that even though it is milder, infections could rocket to the point large numbers still end up in hospital — essentially negating the reduction in severity. NHS staff shortages due to widespread infections also have to be taken into account '

Didn’t see that coming…

Any chance of all restrictions being reversed now?
Now, I suspect not; there still needs to be a degree of caution. However, if England can avoid further restrictions between Christmas and New Year, then that in itself would be a boon. The Government could then start to lift those in place in early January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.