Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fergusons got to be booted off Nervtag surely

After the summer farce now he’s giving out information like thay before a Government briefing?

Tell people the new variant is more deadly, that might make more people stay at home, social distance and wear masks etc.
Am I being too cynical?
No.
That said the Government is right to use every weapon to get Covidiots to comply.
The reality is that Flu is more deadly in Winter so Covid probably is too.

No.
That said the Government is right to use every weapon to get Covidiots to comply.
The reality is that Flu is more deadly in Winter so Covid probably is too.
Completely agree. That's exactly what I would be saying. Hopefully it has the desired affect.

Ferguson also said this accoring to Peston -

"The big caveat is that we only know which strain people were infected for about 8% of deaths"

Which makes it almost worthless as a statistic.

Yet our glorious leaders have gone on national news and said this anyway. Fucking awfully irresponsible. Drives me mad as I think compliance is pretty decent at the moment and all this does is make people feel low, futile and scared. People near rock bottom either give up on themselves or give up the rules and see people. Ridiculous decision to talk about this yet based on such sketchy data.

Fergusons got to be booted off Nervtag surely

After the summer farce now he’s giving out information like thay before a Government briefing?

The government leaked it hours ago, why shouldn't Ferguson answer questions raised by the government leak?

I'd much rather he and NERVTAG keep putting as much information out there as possible in writing and interviews because the prospect of Boris Johnson and Matt Hancock briefings and leaks being our only sources of scientific information is fucking terrifying.

Yet our glorious leaders have gone on national news and said this anyway. Fucking awfully irresponsible. Drives me mad as I think compliance is pretty decent at the moment and all this does is make people feel low, futile and scared. People near rock bottom either give up on themselves or give up the rules and see people. Ridiculous decision to talk about this yet based on such sketchy data.
If they didnt we would say they are hiding it , it is not great but this is the science and we have to accept it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.