Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vaccine primes the immune system. One of the biggest causes of death in hospital is when it over reacts trying to get rid of the virus and damages organs in the frenzy. If you are already in hospital being treated then I would think you have the virus and your immune system is fighting it as best it can. With what ever safe drugs they can use.

Priming it with a vaccine may even trigger that over reaction that was so dangerous in the early days of the virus as it caught doctors by surprise.

That is pure speculation as I am not a scientist. But it is why I assumed they do not give it to people who already have the virus.

Can anyone remember the poster who feared he was watching city’s last game the other week, hope he’s ok can’t remember his username but by all accounts it didn’t sound good, hope your ok if your reading this blue

awjl1962

Joined 7 Aug 2020
Last seen 48 minutes ago · Viewing thread Adrian Bernabe

Looking to the future, and especially if this requires a booster shot or annual update, I don’t see why this shouldn’t be the same as defence and become a national concern; facilities owned by the state but leased to companies when not needed.
How long would it take to build 2-3 plants capable of manufacturing sufficient vaccines for the UK public? This is something that could have been started last year, and it’s arguably a lesson that we’ll need to learn. The difficulty in accomplishing the task and costs involved would likely be negligible in comparison to the harm the country has suffered.

It would certainly be reasonable for the state to do something like that. I think what will happen is that they would offer a grant to build it in return for X million/year.

Each vaccine production will have a specific route - you would want each plant to be tied to one product. It'll partly come down to how many different vaccines are maintained, and what happens when one is discontinued when a better one supplants it.

I'm a bit out of date with costs, but at a guess £200M-300M would probably be enough; building it would depend on whether they can copy an existing one, at which point maybe 6-12 months to be operational (very much a guess!). The limited resource may be that such a process needs fully qualified people to run it.

need a good few days. has slipped a bit this week. sometimes picks up back end of the week. very proud of the daughter spending next 8 weeks in a vaccination centre helping out.

Even if we tip 8 million it's a fantastic achievement. I expect once all the new vaccination centres a fully up and running the numbers will fly again. Your daughter is an absolute superstar. She'll be part of saving hundreds, probably thousands of lives. Fantastic mate.

Also aware of around 10 people personally who have had it. Feels even better when it's so close to home.

I never did the breakdown of the regions and ages of the 907 England hospital deaths today as I was busy this afternoon.

Here it is:

By Region:

Midlands 175, London 167, East 163, South East 142, North West 121, NE & Yorkshire 77, South West 67

By age ranges:

20 - 39 (7) 0.8%

40 - 59 (71) 7.8%

60 - 79 (351) 38.7%

80 PLUS (478) 52.7%

There is little in the way of a shift here with the exception of a slight hint that the over 80s is moving nearer the 50% than the 60% as it was. And the 60 - 79 increasing into the higher 30s.

But that is very tentative. Though I guess is the first thing you might expect if the over 80s are the first to be vaccinated and less should be getting infected or seriously ill- especially in care homes.

But this is still very early data as these deaths are people who likely caught it in the first couple of weeks of vaccinations at the earliest. But as each day goes by that factor should change and so might these numbers.

Though the rather pathetic 20 year age ranges being offered by Gov UK are not really much help in seeking this kind of sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.