Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence is being shared today shows offices are the workplaces that are spreading the virus the most. I know the risk of sharing the virus through non essential office working has been discussed on this thread. It’s one of the topics on Radio 5 Live this morning. 5 Live optioned the information from Public Health England via FOI requests:
Before Christmas it was Schools and then kids spreading it to most other members in their homes - a big effect on multi generational family homes - a major change with the new variant. Now it is workplaces and care homes. Hopefully care home numbers will start to fall in a week or so

Evidence is being shared today shows offices are the workplaces that are spreading the virus the most. I know the risk of sharing the virus through non essential office working has been discussed on this thread. It’s one of the topics on Radio 5 Live this morning. 5 Live optioned the information from Public Health England via FOI requests:

Woo Hoo, more justification to work from home !

Had an appointment for my jab at 8.30 but obviously my car won't start. Been sat there for 3 mths while i've been shielding tbf. Gutted. To worried about getting a taxi.
My Mum went in a cab for her jab mate. She made sure she wore a mask and it worked out fine. It was a black cab with more space. I don’t know your circumstances so maybe that’s not for you. All the best and stay safe.

Had an appointment for my jab at 8.30 but obviously my car won't start. Been sat there for 3 mths while i've been shielding tbf. Gutted. To worried about getting a taxi.
Any friends or family able to give you a lift? Don’t think they would turn you away if you were late and explained the situation.

Any friends or family able to give you a lift? Don’t think they would turn you away if you were late and explained the situation.
I'm too scared to go near anyone mate. Was told at the start of this i was in the highest risk category and it shit me up. My mate will take a look at car and i will rebook the appointment. I know a taxi would be fine but its a mental thing tbh.

I just read an article in the Times (paywall so won't link) about the UK vaccine procurement team led by Kate Bingham. They were clearly far more agile and professional than the EU team, which was led by the equivalent of a parish councillor from Cyprus whose career to date consisted of fuck all. Bingham has had a long and extremely successful career in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors and she gathered a like minded team around her.

She said her brief from Boris Johnson was simply to save lives and they have done an amazing job of maximising our chances of obtaining working vaccines and securing supplies. She's done it without accepting any renumeration too.

I just read an article in the Times (paywall so won't link) about the UK vaccine procurement team led by Kate Bingham. They were clearly far more agile and professional than the EU team, which was led by the equivalent of a parish councillor from Cyprus whose career to date consisted of fuck all. Bingham has had a long and extremely successful career in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors and she gathered a like minded team around her.

She said her brief from Boris Johnson was simply to save lives and they have done an amazing job of maximising our chances of obtaining working vaccines and securing supplies. She's done it without accepting any renumeration too.
Bingham has been doing a great job.

I don’t know about the Greek parish councillor but I guess they wouldn’t want our 100k plus deaths

Am I right in thinking they were investigating people who had had the virus were having more side effects to the jab than the people who hadn’t?

Was that the case for those on here who have had headaches etc
Anecdotally that seems to be have been the case. My partner, NHS Trafford, said those hospital staff who had previously had COVID seemed to suffer more side effects. But it’s just a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.