Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously you like the article for national reasons, balanced it's certainly not. I'm missing an opposite view.

And even if there's a condition included - like an option - it's a contract.

I hope the redacted contract version will shed some light on this bloody mess.
Bottom line- the EU has fucked up big style and they are searching for a scapegoat.

It looks like the Novovax Billingham plant was scheduled to start production in Q1 this year. I can't find any announcements to say they have done. They do have US plants though which have started production.

Bottom line- the EU has fucked up big style and they are searching for a scapegoat.
Yeah, EU made their mistakes, too many national interests stood in the way of timely decisions. Still I'm happy to wait for more insight to this contract. I still wouldn't rule out AZ to change their stance though to find some kind of compromise (IF! EU have a point at all).

I’m just working out how many vaccinations can be done over the next 7 days in my centre and it’s an incredible 560 thousand . We’ll have the North West done in no time if it keeps up at that rate, it is only one centre
Well why aren't they being done now then? Have you received some new supply?

Anyone in the 70-75 group had their jab yet?? My mum is still waiting and not heard anything.
My mum was 80 on the 26th and got the notification that day to go and get it done on the 28th at Bewsey. She also had the Option of Birmingham and Widnes. She knows people both in their 70’s and 80’s who have or haven’t yet had it done and even some who are now on their follow up jab.

Nope but I had mine this morning and I posted earlier as I know just how many were going inside the Rugby Stadium, I wanted to know all the facts so spoke to the doctor and nurse.

My maths maybe out a bit but they were doing four hour stints for the next 7 days The nurse giving my injection did 400 this morning twice a day with 10 tables of a Nurse and helper drawn from our area surgery lot of laughs but I make that 560 thousand in my station.

I’ll be really disappointed if I get that wrong because it was amazing I have never been so impressed at an NHS operation before

Evidence is being shared today shows offices are the workplaces that are spreading the virus the most. I know the risk of sharing the virus through non essential office working has been discussed on this thread. It’s one of the topics on Radio 5 Live this morning. 5 Live optioned the information from Public Health England via FOI requests:

Last edited:
That's new - I seem to have missed the updates to testing for Lateral Flow (LF).
There were 416,040 PCR tests today and 20k Antigen tests, so most of the rest must have been LF tests.
My missus works for the NHS and does the Lateral Flow test twice a week, she's got enough supply for about six weeks

My missus works for the NHS and does the Lateral Flow test twice a week, she's got enough supply for about six weeks
Yeah I know a teacher who is now signed up to the roll out across the country and they do the test and have to log on and update their results.
There may be an issue with the roll out as Teachers generally don't want to do the test at or before 7am twice a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.