Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingham has been doing a great job.

I don’t know about the Greek parish councillor but I guess they wouldn’t want our 100k plus deaths
My comment was about the vaccine procurement approaches of the UK & the EU.

You can obviously look at different aspects of the Covid responses but that's not what it was about. Other than Germany, the death rates as a proportion of population of larger countries in Western Europe isn't that different. It could also be that deaths in the UK reduce far more quickly than elsewhere due to the superb work of Bingham and the vaccine rollout here.

Appears that in some states and cities India has herd immunity hence its infection numbers are very low and yet they got their with relatively very few deaths per person. It shows that if you want to compare countries you have to be very careful.

Appears that in some states and cities India has herd immunity hence its infection numbers are very low and yet they got their with relatively very few deaths per person. It shows that if you want to compare countries you have to be very careful.
The magic powers of curry?

My comment was about the vaccine procurement approaches of the UK & the EU.

You can obviously look at different aspects of the Covid responses but that's not what it was about. Other than Germany, the death rates as a proportion of population of larger countries in Western Europe isn't that different. It could also be that deaths in the UK reduce far more quickly than elsewhere due to the superb work of Bingham and the vaccine rollout here.
Bingham should get the credit she deserved. It’s amazing what can be achieved when people with the appropriate skills sets and notices are allowed to get on with their jobs, rather than turning more management consults in to millionaires.

I hope deaths do reduce fast but the reality is that we are looking at 150k deaths within a year of the first of Covid cases being identified in the U.K. No amount of jingoism will change that.

Bingham should get the credit she deserved. It’s amazing what can be achieved when people with the appropriate skills sets and notices are allowed to get on with their jobs, rather than turning more management consults in to millionaires.

I hope deaths do reduce fast but the reality is that we are looking at 150k deaths within a year of the first of Covid cases being identified in the U.K. No amount of jingoism will change that.
Jingoism? Where's that in my comments?

It would be interesting to know the age ranges in India, isn’t the population relatively young, not as many as us in the 80 - 90 range which is hardest hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.