Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a dumb question, but if numbers of infections and deaths are low around April, how will we know if it’s due to lockdown/restrictions, vaccines, or it being Spring and decent weather? Just thinking about how we all fell into a false sense of security last Spring/summer.

Probably a dumb question, but if numbers of infections and deaths are low around April, how will we know if it’s due to lockdown/restrictions, vaccines, or it being Spring and decent weather? Just thinking about how we all fell into a false sense of security last Spring/summer.
Whatever it is down to the news will say it’s because of the vaccines and lockdowns...

They have it bad in South Africa with a new variant and it's their summer so I think we'll know if the vaccine is working.

Mate yeah that's exactly how mines started over thr weekend. Thought I had picked up a chill (it was -5 here) and felt cold like. Bit shivery and lethargic more than anything else. Everything else has soon followed (temps been ok mostly so far). Have you been tested? If not, I would if I were you.

Haha she could put anything in there, I'd be none the wiser. Cheers mate!
Indeed. Went for a test late afternoon today.
Temp has gone down as has the throbbing headache somewhat but still feel lethargic, chilly and awful cold. Throat stings when i cough too so speaking is a difficultly.
Another rum nights sleep ahead too.

Hope you’re starting to fix up mate?
I hate being like this (the ‘weird’ state of mind when ill is not the best experience.

Indeed. Went for a test late afternoon today.
Temp has gone down as has the throbbing headache somewhat but still feel lethargic, chilly and awful cold. Throat stings when i cough too so speaking is a difficultly.
Another rum nights sleep ahead too.

Hope you’re starting to fix up mate?
I hate being like this (the ‘weird’ state of mind when ill is not the best experience.

Good luck mate. Hopefully you've missed it, but that sounds similar so just be careful.

Doing ok thanks, things changing daily as I say earlier re the sense of taste/smell suddenly disappearing like a flick of a switch. Taking nothing for granted as I'm sure Kaz and plenty others can testify that I could think I'm fine but then suddenly worsen, at this stage I count myself very lucky to come under the mild category though I'm only on day 5 of symptoms.

WATCH AREAS

CHESHIRE EAST

Cases 188 - down from 201

Total 15, 091

Pop score up 48 to 3928.

Weekly Pop up from 425 to 426.

Another day better than Stockport Andy.

WATCH AREAS

SWANSEA

cases 85 - down from 95.

Total 15, 210

Pop score up 34 to 6158 Lowest numbers since I have been tracking it for you.

Weekly Pop down 12 to 315.

Starting to get this well under control pleased to report

WATCH AREAS

KENT

DARTFORD

Cases 129 - down from 141. Been falling for a few days now.

Total 7982

Pop score up 114 to enter 7000 club at 7088.

Weekly Pop down 82 to 1086

Starting to turn the corner,

MEDWAY

Cases 237 - down from 269.

Total 21, 300

Pop score up 85 to 7647.

Weekly Pop - down 88 to 878

Even more obvious turning of corner here.

Looking promising.

It's unlikely there'll be a significant third wave given we have vaccines and so many people have now had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.