Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swiss company Novartis offering its services to produce more companies’ vaccines, and Biden likely to use the DPA to force US companies to help in the fight. Need more of such from countries around the world.

I said months ago that I thought the successful vaccinemakers would license our their tech. It makes no sense not to do so. I think it's a matter of building the plants to make it, which isn't that quick to do from scratch.

Novartis have biotech production lines as one of their core businesses (one the of more impressive things about AZ is that they generally don't make vaccines).

I said months ago that I thought the successful vaccinemakers would license our their tech. It makes no sense not to do so. I think it's a matter of building the plants to make it, which isn't that quick to do from scratch.

Novartis have biotech production lines as one of their core businesses (one the of more impressive things about AZ is that they generally don't make vaccines).
Looking to the future, and especially if this requires a booster shot or annual update, I don’t see why this shouldn’t be the same as defence and become a national concern; facilities owned by the state but leased to companies when not needed.
How long would it take to build 2-3 plants capable of manufacturing sufficient vaccines for the UK public? This is something that could have been started last year, and it’s arguably a lesson that we’ll need to learn. The difficulty in accomplishing the task and costs involved would likely be negligible in comparison to the harm the country has suffered.

can i ask if someone is ill in hospital or vented,can the vaccine help someone at that point
No, vaccine is for prevention, not treatment, and actually someone being unwell is a reason to delay their vaccination

About the most balanced article on the EU vaccine shambles.

Bottom line, there actually is no contract till the EU approve the vaccine.
Obviously you like the article for national reasons, balanced it's certainly not. I'm missing an opposite view.

And even if there's a condition included - like an option - it's a contract.

I hope the redacted contract version will shed some light on this bloody mess.

I’m surprised they aren’t being a bit more flexible on School dates to be honest. Easter weekend is 2 April to 5th April. Would it not make more sense to bring the 2 week Easter holiday forward so that the weekend is at the end rather than the start meaning kids go back on the 6th instead of the 19th April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.