Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have plenty of choice if your employee hasn’t implemented certain things. If it’s a risk to your health and ultimately to your family then you have every right to say you aren’t going into the office unless certain standards are met.
They have implemented serious covid regulations, but it's the nature of the office that they can't do anything else, the biggest problem is the building we are in, the office has low ceilings, and is under ground, unfortunately we are lodgers in someone else's office, who we have to work with, and security reasons dictate that we have to carry out certain tasks in that office, as there is nowhere else secure enough to do it.

Sometimes regulations aren't enough in themselves, and like many other employers you just can't take away every risk, see health and ambulance service, police, school teachers, armed forces (who I work alongside), and supermarket workers.

Like I've said for the most part I can and have worked from home, and I've only been in the office a couple of handfuls of time in just under a year, but it's my turn on Monday again.

They have implemented serious covid regulations, but it's the nature of the office that they can't do anything else, the biggest problem is the building we are in, the office has low ceilings, and is under ground, unfortunately we are lodgers in someone else's office, who we have to work with, and security reasons dictate that we have to carry out certain tasks in that office, as there is nowhere else secure enough to do it.

Sometimes regulations aren't enough in themselves, and like many other employers you just can't take away every risk, see health and ambulance service, police, school teachers, armed forces (who I work alongside), and supermarket workers.

Like I've said for the most part I can and have worked from home, and I've only been in the office a couple of handfuls of time in just under a year, but it's my turn on Monday again.
Fair enough but can the work be done with fewer people meaning you can socially distance slightly easier?

Fair enough but can the work be done with fewer people meaning you can socially distance slightly easier?
Yes that was one thing that was implemented early on, hence why most of our work is being done from home, we have zones within the office, with a limit to the number working in each zone, but sometimes even that's impossible to comply with due the nature of the work. My employer has done all they can, as has my office manager, and also those running the office who we lodge with. Those that manage the building I'm less than convinced by, as the building cleaning isn't great, but I make sure my own area is clean/sterile before I do anything, and as soon as the essential work is complete I get out of there (it's normally a 12 hour shift, but I've rarely spent more than 7 in there, as I can finish the other non secure tasks at home).

My mate works at Strangeways prison in Manchester - positive COVID-19 rates in there are sky high. Today they were one of the lucky folk who tested negative - they’re 43 so they won’t get the vaccine any time now and they’re next on shift on Monday and are thinking of calling in sick. Is it right for them to go off sick and stay safe or to go back into work and mingle with inmates / staff who have / may have a killer virus?

Social distancing measures which reduce the R number of COVID will have the same effect on the R number of flu. As flu has a much lower baseline figure then the measures will have kept R well below 1, factoring in the vaccination programme in the autumn it’s not really surprising that flu has been suppressed this season.
Social distancing measures which reduce the R number of COVID will have the same
I read that as well
mate.

Ill post the ‘vitamin shopping list’ on here. I think you have to balance out the vit D with mag as it may have adverse effects if you take too much as it may end up in your arteries.

Are these ok? I can't work out if they have magnesium in at the right rate that you say.

My other half bought me the 1000 ones last year, and then changed me to the 2000 ones. Not sure if he's trying to keep me well or kill me...

Vitabiotics | Ultra Vitamin D3 1000 IUTablets Optimum level

Vitabiotics Ultra Vitamin D 2000 IU Extra Strength Tablets

This is concerning, and trouble lies ahead imo.

Take up rate of vaccine for staff at Leicestershire NHS trust by ethnic background is White 71% , South Asian 59%, Black 37%

This is NHS staff as well! I believe this will only get worse as we move away from NHS staff and move down the age ranges. As the first condition for moving through the stages of the roadmap is “The vaccine deployment programme continues successfully” I can only see those dates given being pushed back.

Are these ok? I can't work out if they have magnesium in at the right rate that you say.

My other half bought me the 1000 ones last year, and then changed me to the 2000 ones. Not sure if he's trying to keep me well or kill me...

Vitabiotics | Ultra Vitamin D3 1000 IUTablets Optimum level

Vitabiotics Ultra Vitamin D 2000 IU Extra Strength Tablets
I previously used the 2000 ones you’ve linked above, and just took 2 a day, until I got the 4000 tablets that I put a link on for a few days back.

Quiet day to day as this thread winds down. Hopefully that proves true.

Early game so some data may be late today.

But first news up is that North West falls to fourth in the regional table after many areas continue to go down and the weekly pop is now 153 and falling about 11% a day.

North East is the only north or midlands area now below NW at 142 and falling by 12%.

Yorkshire's recent rise in case numbers (the main area being referred to by yesterday's press conference where cases have started rising - though also in the midlands in places like Leicester that has become a concern again) puts it above North West for first time in many months at 154 and Yorkshire now rising at 3% - the only area that has been doing that in past three weeks.

West Midlands and East Midlands are above both NW and Yorks yet both are still falling. West Midlands at 157 fell 11% and East Midlands clear at top on 170 - falling 6% daily.

Every southern region is now below 100 - from East at 95 to South West at 68 - all falling between 17 and 25% as well at the moment so increasing the north/south divide.

To see these numbers in context. The best borough in Greater Manchester by some distance is Trafford on a weekly pop score of 117 and that is worse than every southern area.

Only Trafford is ahead of the best northern area (North East) but Oldham is close at 144 versus NE 142.

Manchester's spectacular fall in cases in the past week or two has put it third best in GM now (despite always having the most cases every day the pop score rates cases v population to make a fairer comparison). At 150 it is the only other GM borough ahead of the regional average.

Most other GM boroughs are around the average for the three northern regions ahead of North West,

However, at 184 (Stockport), 191 (Bury) and 205 (Bolton) the worst three GM areas are higher than every single region in England.

Though Bury (down 17) and Bolton (down 24 in past 4 days) are improving. Only Stockport has actually gone up and unless things change will be the worst in GM soon.

The MEN are yet to catch up with this trend and still calling out Bury and Trafford as they use the 5 day old data but both those have improved quite a bit since. They will no doubt report the Stockport issues next week when by then - with luck - they are over the hump too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.