Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gov announced the new variant today. Facing where i live in bristol, a large disused office building with lot's of parking. About a week ago around 20 mobile testing unit vans arrived, been no activity just been parked up.

Since todays announcement the same vans are on the local newspaper website, saying surge testing will begin in some areas about 15 mins from here. This tells me that the gov knew about these variants at least a week ago.
They probably found one then spent a few days sequencing every other test in the area to identify the post codes to blitz test.

Not quite the right thread but anyway, got covid in November and struggled ever since with chest, headaches, taste and smell fatigue and aching bones, had the az vaccine at 10.00 am today and been waiting for side effects but omg I feel brand new, tasting my wine was like the first time, chest is clear as a bell headache gone, legs feel like I could go for a run, it’s utterly bizarre, feel like this should be shared with the medical professionals, it’s like I’ve had a miracle drug, how can this be

Thats amazing! Dead happy for you.

The gov announced the new variant today. Facing where i live in bristol, a large disused office building with lot's of parking. About a week ago around 20 mobile testing unit vans arrived, been no activity just been parked up.

Since todays announcement the same vans are on the local newspaper website, saying surge testing will begin in some areas about 15 mins from here. This tells me that the gov knew about these variants at least a week ago.
The

The positive tests seem to have been from 12-13th Feb.

So it’s taken 2 weeks for this news to filter through, meanwhile no new cases identified as a result it seems. Certainly not an outbreak anyhow.

Perhaps I’m biased, but it does seem slightly manufactured for this news to be announced on a Sunday evening after the first good weather weekend of the year, at a time when the good news could see people become complacent. We’ll see.

The

The positive tests seem to have been from 12-13th Feb.

So it’s taken 2 weeks for this news to filter through, meanwhile no new cases identified as a result it seems. Certainly not an outbreak anyhow.

Perhaps I’m biased, but it does seem slightly manufactured for this news to be announced on a Sunday evening after the first good weather weekend of the year, at a time when the good news could see people become complacent. We’ll see.
Bristol had just finished a surge test on the south African variant on the 21st of feb 40,000 tests were taken.
There was not a van in sight 2 weeks ago even though my area was tested, home test kits from the local library tbf it worked well.

Now a shit load of testing vans for an area that is smaller than 2 weeks ago with the 1st variant. I hope i'm wrong but something doesn't ring true.

Anyone in here had long covid and the vaccine? There are reports from doctors it seems that they are seeing patients who have struggled for months post covid with the now familiar long term issues finding symptoms clearing after the vaccination. Excellent news if this proves widespread.
Quoted this earlier from earlier but came off line but saw you later post (replying to i8 rags below.
RW deluded fuckwit Hitchens has his jab then rages against being "forced" to have it and blaming on Blair. He is now getting pelters from the anti-vaxxers he has encouraged on Twitter - so is that other mad deluded RW anti-vax promoter Swayne who guess what? - yep he has had his first one too - charlatans the lot of them

Made my day. Do as I say not as I do my deluded followers (the same ones that spout out the ‘sheeple’ line).
Hilarious, the sour faced ****.
Not quite the right thread but anyway, got covid in November and struggled ever since with chest, headaches, taste and smell fatigue and aching bones, had the az vaccine at 10.00 am today and been waiting for side effects but omg I feel brand new, tasting my wine was like the first time, chest is clear as a bell headache gone, legs feel like I could go for a run, it’s utterly bizarre, feel like this should be shared with the medical professionals, it’s like I’ve had a miracle drug, how can this be
This would be great...an ironic ‘great reset’ if you will.
I can’t shake it off 7 weeks on so a boost (if it’s the case) would be wonderful.

Be interesting to see how you feel over the next few days.

RW deluded fuckwit Hitchens has his jab then rages against being "forced" to have it and blaming on Blair. He is now getting pelters from the anti-vaxxers he has encouraged on Twitter - so is that other mad deluded RW anti-vax promoter Swayne who guess what? - yep he has had his first one too - charlatans the lot of them

1 min in and I’m finding this absolutely fucking hilarious.
A bit like those grown adults stamping their feet, or lying on their backs in US supermarkets because they can’t enter without a mask.
The shear petulance on his face...and those followers...what must they be thinking.
To echo other sentiments, he’s the B&M bargains to his brother’s John Lewis.

quarantine-www-scarfolk-blogspot-com.jpg

Drastic measures like the above are probably the way forward and so it is good to see one local authority seizing the initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.