Not open for further replies.
England hospital deaths wk to wk:

875 / 109 NW / 13%

767 / 111 NW/ 15%

509 / 109 NW / 21%

474 / 112 NW / 24%

372 / 58 NW / 16%

279 / 57 NW / 20% Today

As you can see the NW percentage is still high but often is with the weekend data.

But overall the numbers are tumbling faster than anyone likely dared hope.

I read similar about UK health workers, something like 25% not taking.

I couldnt really fathom why that would be.

Unless they can't have it for health reasons they should be sacked. They have a duty of care to people they are looking after. Might seem harsh but the more people that turn it down, the longer this will go on and the more lives it will destroy.

Total deaths with out of hospital England to add (usually a largish weekend catch up add on) is 315

wk to wk:-

986 v 849 v 587 v 540 v 437 v 315 Today

Unless they can't have it for health reasons they should be sacked. They have a duty of care to people they are looking after. Might seem harsh but the more people that turn it down, the longer this will go on and the more lives it will destroy.
More should be done to increase take up but employers are a bit hamstrung in the measure they can take because of big staff vacancies. Brexit might make this worse

It's totally bizarre that someone working in the health care sector should be opposed to medical care involving drugs. It's impossible to see how someone who presents a health risk (by not being vaccinated) should be allowed to work with vulnerable people.

Total cases wk to wk:

2944 v 2169 v 1815 v 1448 v 1197 v 861 Today.

Another sub 1000 3 nations total and good week to week fall.

Based on this you would expect a possible rise in UK numbers to somewhere in the high 6000s.

It is predictable to judge trends in different nations but we will see.

More should be done to increase take up but employers are a bit hamstrung in the measure they can take because of big staff vacancies. Brexit might make this worse
I agree. It’s difficult to recruit carers and it’s not a job many want to do. My mother is receiving end of life care at home and we have carers 4 times per day. I would struggle to do some of tasks they do, with my own mother, never mind with strangers. I marvel at their dedication every day. I don’t think employers are in a position to sack those who refuse a vaccine as they’ve noone to take their place.

Employers can make reasonable demands on employees these days for example in certain professions concerning things like smoking and drinking and the wearing of certain clothing , grooming etc even in an office or retail environment.

Just like all people with symptoms would be encouraged to come forward and have a test for covid all staff can be requested to come forward and be vaccinated at designated hubs and centres etc.

the most important people to vaccinate are those at highest risk and they should be given preference.

then you move through the population.

Even when as many as can be are vaccinated and may require boosters with the passage of time like influenza for example you will still have cases and spread but hopefully good anti viral treatment like some which are proving already to increase the immunity to fight off the disease in elderly people taken with zinc upon early onset along with good quarantine tracing and protective measures with prevention will ensure like can on as normal as before without the requirement for further lockdowns which do a lot more damage to mental health , prevention of diagnosis for many other diseases , the economy , lives , livelihoods and social norms and democracy and basic freedoms than the damage caused by covid.

I agree. It’s difficult to recruit carers and it’s not a job many want to do. My mother is receiving end of life care at home and we have carers 4 times per day. I would struggle to do some of tasks they do, with my own mother, never mind with strangers. I marvel at their dedication every day. I don’t think employers are in a position to sack those who refuse a vaccine as they’ve noone to take their place.
Sorry to hear about your mum artful as George Harrrison said so wonderfully in his song all things must pass.

Employers must encourage and some for religious reasons and health reasons will decline of course.

BTW what is your favourite tune in Oliver Twist?

Thanks artfuldodger. My Mum has carers coming a few times a day and they do a great job too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.