Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20, 703, 615 have now had a first dose of vaccine in the UK.

208, 968 in England today.

Also being reported that supply will ramp up next week to unprecedented levels.

By middle of next week double where we are now.

So numbers should shoot up rapidly for a few weeks.

The issue has been the Pfizer delivery delays but 10 million AZ from India are due.
NHS Pulse are referencing 15th March as date when vacc rate should take off?

NHS Pulse

I don't understand why Salford does this and other regions do not. Seems like a classic post-code lottery. I don't think they will allow Salford to steam into the younger age groups whilst there are over 50s and over 60s still waiting to be vaccinated.
It is not just Salford. It is more local surgery list based.

My nephew in his early 40s with no underlying conditions in Manchester has had the jab but his wife (who lives in the same house, is older, and does) has not yet as she is registered at a different practice.

NHS Pulse are referencing 15th March as date when vacc rate should take off?

NHS Pulse
According to the Telegraph it is now thought supplies will be 'near zero' and may even run out temporarily in some places next week.

'Minimal allocations' is how a letter they claim to have seen reports early next week and they might end the week in some areas in 'a zero stock position,'

The ramp up then coming to end this temporary issue.

I imagine Nicola Sturgeon might have explained but has a few other things going on right now and not been doing briefings lately.

Last edited:
I don't understand why Salford does this and other regions do not. Seems like a classic post-code lottery. I don't think they will allow Salford to steam into the younger age groups whilst there are over 50s and over 60s still waiting to be vaccinated.
If the supply is there why not? There are reports of some areas being into the under 50s. At the current rate Salford will be by the middle of the month.

10 million AZ from India are due.

I don't think India is an option in the UK supply chain - not registered as supply site here I believe. Could be wrong of course - have you got a link?

I think supplies out of India are now being mobilised to developing countries worldwide funded by COVAX following the WHO approval a week or two ago.

It is not just Salford. It is more local surgery list based.

My nephew in his early 40s with no underlying conditions in Manchester has had the jab but his wife (who lives in the same house, is older, and does) has not yet as she is registered at a different practice.
Salford is city wide. All over 50s can go on the local NHS site and book a slot.

The Guardian article detailing the increased rate of vaccinations says that the expectation is that all adults will have received at least one dose before the start of June. No mention of the AZ supply from Serum in India but they say Pfizer will increase and a suggestion that Moderna could be on stream in early April.

It's looking better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.