Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolton mentioned on the Today programme as a cluster of the India variant. I don't have any more details.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything bad - if associated with travel or an outbreak in a specific setting (workplace, place of worship, etc) - only really concerning if growing in the wider community due to transmission advantage or immune escape.

I'm 40 and booking was only opened last week for me, got in next Weds. It's not for the want of trying why the 40-50 year olds aren't yet vaccinated. Wonder if I will be offered a different one than AZ based on this mornings news as I am right on the threshold.

well there may be something in that, but the MHRA has also advised it on health grounds, due to the very low IFR in young 'uns and the higher chance of blood clots (still low), so i guess it's partly that. 40s to 50s still need to get their arses in gear re vaccine take up as well. Up to May 2nd;

View attachment 16193

I know that not all ages have been offered the jab but the first thing I thought, which cannot be proven by the data, is that % of uptake (first jab) tends to be higher among those who are less likely to use social media ;)

More likely, percentage of take up is higher among those most at risk.

I'm 40 and booking was only opened last week for me, got in next Weds. It's not for the want of trying why the 40-50 year olds aren't yet vaccinated. Wonder if I will be offered a different one than AZ based on this mornings news as I am right on the threshold.

The vaccines are equally effective. It will not matter which one.

My own (irrational) thoughts were that I was happier to have the AZ jab as it is a more traditional form of vaccine. mRNA is new and long term impact of using such a technology is less well known. Like I said, that may be purely irrational.

Curious how this 'u40s should be offered an alternative to AZ' thing is going to work practically speaking. As far as I'm aware, I thought pretty much every place only had one type of vaccine at hand, so is it even possible to offer an alternative? Will they suddenly start stocking two at most vaccine sites? Or will it be clear when booking which one will be available so u40s can choose based on this recommendation? Not complaining, just genuinely curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.