Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can’t move and coming up to a month! Every time I do anything I need to sleep for hours. Still be careful.

Still can’t move and coming up to a month! Every time I do anything I need to sleep for hours. Still be careful.

Crazy how this affects people in so many different ways. Was chatting to @somapop regarding running in January, both got Covid around the same time yet I got off lightly where it took somapop a lot longer to recover (and perhaps still in the process although huge improvements now last I heard?)...the good news for you WW is that most people do recover, just at much different rates.

Take it easy fella, you'll get there I'm sure.

I agree. My partner, 25 years in the NHS, has just applied for a new job In Trafford. The job is assessing and advising new clients who have been referred to the hospital based drug and alcohol team. Starting September. They assumed the service would be face to face. But no. It’s working from home, phoning the clients up. That’s not a service. Why is there an assumption they won’t be seeing clients/patients in September.
That's a confirmation most surgeries will be probably operating like that until the end of the year. It's so sad how many people are not getting the service they require and some paying the ultimate price. Unprecedented times and collateral damage but we have to get some normality back ASAP for those who are desperate.

Crazy how this affects people in so many different ways. Was chatting to @somapop regarding running in January, both got Covid around the same time yet I got off lightly where it took somapop a lot longer to recover (and perhaps still in the process although huge improvements now last I heard?)...the good news for you WW is that most people do recover, just at much different rates.

Take it easy fella, you'll get there I'm sure.
Took about three and a half months to feel ok enough to exercise. Possibility the vaccine helped bolster the immune system and kick out some pesky covid viruses (though I'm still not 100%).

hows my way down here ?

kent/Dartford/Medway going
When I stopped posting daily updates for you in January numbers were falling rapidly.

This has continued since and instead of hundreds a DAY mid January which fell away very quickly as the month went on the total cases for the past WEEK in both boroughs have been:

Dartford (seven day total fallen) 23 to 21 to 18

Medway (seven day total fallen) 44 to 33 to 30

Hope that reassures you.

Those are Bury like numbers in Greater Manchester terms.

Had my second AZ jab Thursday, no effects whatsoever even though the first one had left me lethargic and sleepy with a crashing headache and sore arm for a day or so, I'd had Covid late Oct so not sure if that had any effect.
I didn't have Covid (except possibly last March pre lockdown - never tested so will never know) but had exactly the same experience with my first AZ jab in February and second one 12 days ago - as I reported in here.

The sore arm like I get with my flu jab most years (had these for over 20 years now as I was a carer for most of those to someone vulnerable) and extreme deep sleep after tiredness for 24/36 hours (not experienced with a flu jab before) - only after first jab - as only a much milder and shorter lived sore arm and no other symptoms at all such as the tiredness with the second.

From what people have told me who have had both this is very much the norm.

I didn't have Covid (except possibly last March pre lockdown - never tested so will never know) but had exactly the same experience with my first AZ jab in February and second one 12 days ago - as I reported in here.

The sore arm like I get with my flu jab most years (had these for over 20 years now as I was a carer for most of those to someone vulnerable) and extreme deep sleep after tiredness for 24/36 hours (not experienced with a flu jab before) - only after first jab - as only a much milder and shorter lived sore arm and no other symptoms at all such as the tiredness with the second.

From what people have told me who have had both this is very much the norm.
Hopefully ensure most go back even if they have been ill, small price to pay.

Hopefully ensure most go back even if they have been ill, small price to pay.
My guess is the first one primes the immune system and the second just tops it up, So it is fairly reasonable to presume your body will react to the first jab - which is new and asking it to do things to go on alert - more than the second - which is in effect just like topping up the water tank in the fridge so it lasts a bit longer.

First time might take two or three jugs of water to fill from empty - so more effort - the second only one to top up the partly filled tank - so less strain.

England hospital deaths:

13 with 2 from NW - though one is from October so will be excluded.

Last week was 16 with 4 NW - previous weeks 20 / 2 NW - 28 / 5 NW & 34 / 8 NW

The two in the NW were one each in Liverpool and Tameside.

Other regions:- East 5. London 1, Midlands 2, NE & Yorkshire 3, South East 0, South West 0.

The 5 from the East were ALL from East Suffolk hospital

Nowhere else had more than 1 per trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.