Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking disgraceful that we let the Indian variant through the borders so easily.
The only safe way was to totally ban overseas travel except under exceprional circumstances where quarantine should be enforced. Trouble is lorry drivers must have access to the UK.

The only safe way was to totally ban overseas travel except under exceprional circumstances where quarantine should be enforced. Trouble is lorry drivers must have access to the UK.

Big difference in letting planes from India land daily to Lorry drivers coming in the UK.

The bad news in Scotland as well as the rising hospital and ICU was the 641 cases

The good (perhaps?)

Only 9 of these cases were in people aged 65+
102 aged 45-64

214 aged 25-44
306 aged 0-24 (144 of these aged 0-14)

Actually when I look at those figures I'm in complete disbelief that younger folks aren't turning up for their vaccine appointments. The effect couldn't be more obvious but to get to where we want to be then people need to turn up. I don't know if the messaging needs ramped up or what the solution is but it needs addressed.

Last edited:
The bad news in Scotland as well as the rising hospital and ICU was the 641 cases

The good (perhaps?)

Only 9 of these cases were in people aged 65+
102 aged 45-64

214 aged 25-44
306 aged 0-24 (144 of these aged 0-14)

Actually when I look at those figures I'm in complete disbelief that younger folks aren't turning up for their vaccine appointments. The effect couldn't be more obvious but to get to where we want to be then people need to turn up. I don't know if the messaging needs ramped up or what the solution is but it needs addressed.
Is it the case that people in Scotland get an appointment letter rather than booking their own slot?

Is it the case that people in Scotland get an appointment letter rather than booking their own slot?

Bit of both, I think seems to be the norm. Whatever the process, it's people who have been advised of their appointments and simply aren't turning up (amongst younger age groups) which I cannot fathom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.