Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dizziness today’s random covid symptom for me, can only assume it’s related to the earache I’ve had, just feel light headed and wobbly.
Mines gone into my ears which keep popping and I keep going back to bed. A sleep relieves things for a short while. Noises are irritating me. Strangest of all, I sprained my wrist 2 weeks ago and whenever I feel like shit it hurts more. I can’t swear it’s connected but it seems to be. 2 weeks in and the virus feels like a clamp over my brain.

Im absolutely fucking sick of it.

Northern Ireland data

THIS IS STARTING TO REALLY TAKE OFF

1 death - was 0 last week

1776 cases - was 528 last week - more than tripled in a week

7 day rolling cases 7354 - was 3477 last week

26 care home outbreaks - was 16 last week - What was a slow rise is now going upwards and with it the numbers of more vulnerable patients

109 patients - was 92 on Friday at last report & 60 last week

3 ventilated - was 1 on Friday & 1 last week

Mines gone into my ears which keep popping and I keep going back to bed. A sleep relieves things for a short while. Noises are irritating me. Strangest of all, I sprained my wrist 2 weeks ago and whenever I feel like shit it hurts more. I can’t swear it’s connected but it seems to be. 2 weeks in and the virus feels like a clamp over my brain.

Im absolutely fucking sick of it.

sounds like the reviews for my Carly Simon nomination

That’s the problem though, as laughable as it sounds, the vast majority of the most common symptoms now are the ones of regular colds - snotty, sneezing, headaches, sweats, chills, sore throat etc - but believe me, you know when you’ve got covid as it’s like nothing else.
Last sentence not true. I had it. I would say ‘mild cold symptons’. Though i know people who have been bed ridden with it.
Like these people who say they are ‘full of flu’. No they aint. Flu consigns you to bed

Last sentence not true. I had it. I would say ‘mild cold symptons’. Though i know people who have been bed ridden with it.
Like these people who say they are ‘full of flu’. No they aint. Flu consigns you to bed
I’m in bed right now.

They do provide very real protection though.

This is from a Harvard research paper from almost a year ago - the multi-layer cotton facemasks most people wear reduce droplet count by 95%.

3lqcVsi.png

the best and latest study out recently concludes that mass uptake of masks, ones that people can get hold of (so not super duper ones), "in an entire population wearing masks in public leads to a median reduction in the reproduction number R of 25.8%",

That's 123 experiments, over 22 sensitivity analyses, with ~20 million data points (92 regions in 6 continents).

Strangest of all, I sprained my wrist 2 weeks ago and whenever I feel like shit it hurts more. I can’t swear it’s connected but it seems to be.

This is very common with colds.

The nerve endings in your wrist will still have not fully healed, and when your body is fighting a virus like this it increases the amount of fluids in your tissues to help your white blood cells get around and this increased pressure presses on your not yet healed nerves causing the pain you had when you sprained your wrist.

People who get serious injuries they don't fully heal from get these kind of phantom pains every time they get the flu.

This is very common with colds.

The nerve endings in your wrist will still have not fully healed, and when your body is fighting a virus like this it increases the amount of fluids in your tissues to help your white blood cells get around and this increased pressure presses on your not yet healed nerves causing the pain you had when you sprained your wrist.

People who get serious injuries they don't fully heal from get these kind of phantom pains every time they get the flu.
Really? Thanks mate. That makes sense.

Absolute free for all here at trinity in Leeds. Constantly feeling people’s breath on you. People rushing like mad as if they’re at a roulette table. I’m sure this won’t backfire at all .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.