Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like a bit of schadenfreude when the people involved have shared their warped views to anyone who would listen and have likely been partly responsible for the pandemic continuing at its current level.
They’re the ones who you hope get it and get it bad. Give them and their families the fright of their lives and then ask them about the vaccine.
We’ve got a few young female staff (no pics) at work who refuse to get vaccinated and yet they’re all into injecting their lips with whatever it is they inject their lips with and spraying on the fake tan. They look like the fuckin Muppets.

They’re the ones who you hope get it and get it bad. Give them and their families the fright of their lives and then ask them about the vaccine.
We’ve got a few young female staff (no pics) at work who refuse to get vaccinated and yet they’re all into injecting their lips with whatever it is they inject their lips with and spraying on the fake tan. They look like the fuckin Muppets.
I'd like to know how many that refuse it, take recreational drugs every weekend. Quite happy to sniff God knows what up their noses.

Are we seeing any fans who have caught Covid at the Ethiad now? I went to the Everton game and Wembley but now with cases increasing, I didn't go to Norwich or Arsenal. If no cases are being reported I will start going again. If I catch it and can easily spread it to my elderly parents and even with the vaccine they could get really ill or die. What I lack is facts to make a more informed decision.
By the law of averages you’d have to assume that some people have caught it at games but cases in England are very flat so it seems that things haven’t become significantly worse since so many things opened up.

One thing is for sure though, if you are worried about catching it and passing it on then there are no precautions in place at games to prevent this. I’d say only a handful of people out of many thousands wear a mask and as mask wearing is supposed to protect others that seems like a complete waste of time.

The people like Laurence Fox and Julia Hartley Brewer who are the most vocal on this imaginary platform of "freedoms and liberties" can afford to carry on life in a relatively normal manner under the worst circumstances. If this all dies down and goes away they lose their pedestal and the popularity that goes with it.

Look at Nigel Farage. Once the UK actually voted to leave the European Union, his media presence and relevance dropped pretty sharply because we had finally done the thing he built his entire rep on saying we should do it. He had no real purpose anymore.

By the law of averages you’d have to assume that some people have caught it at games but cases in England are very flat so it seems that things haven’t become significantly worse since so many things opened up.

One thing is for sure though, if you are worried about catching it and passing it on then there are no precautions in place at games to prevent this. I’d say only a handful of people out of many thousands wear a mask and as mask wearing is supposed to protect others that seems like a complete waste of time.
Don't know about anyone else but the only matchday precautions I'm taking are not going for a pint in the concourses but going straight to my seat. I got the tram this week and wore a mask on it like about half the others on the tram. Seems it's generally the older generation wearing masks on public transport whereas it's more likely that it's the younger generation who have Covid and don't know it due to lower vax rates, more mixing and less likelihood of having symptoms. A bit more mask enforcement on trams might help. At least we're outside when in our seats at the stadium so it's reduced risk there anyway.

Don't know about anyone else but the only matchday precautions I'm taking are not going for a pint in the concourses but going straight to my seat. I got the tram this week and wore a mask on it like about half the others on the tram. Seems it's generally the older generation wearing masks on public transport whereas it's more likely that it's the younger generation who have Covid and don't know it due to lower vax rates, more mixing and less likelihood of having symptoms. A bit more mask enforcement on trams might help. At least we're outside when in our seats at the stadium so it's reduced risk there anyway.
I will watch carefully and hopefully return to the ground after Xmas if case and deaths fall.

I was talking a real life scenario. Its what is happening to us. 4 Grandchildren under 14, a daughter recently on the 'at risk' list because of a heart attack and the two of us over 60s. Thankfully the adults are all double jabbed because 2 of the girls are now Covid positive (caught at school), we are all close contacts so will soon see what level of protection the vaccination has given us. We live in Scotland where the volume of cases was a record yesterday. Until everyone is vaccinated we aren't going to stop this endless wave upon wave. I do think everyone that can get a vaccine should get one. Surely it is a responsibility to themselves, to their families and to wider society.
Hope you are all ok And that children can start being able to have the vaccines soon in order to stop this happening to many others.

The risks are tiny but this won’t help with vaccine take up in New Zealand. If I was there I would encourage peole to take the jabs.
New Zealand woman dies after receiving Pfizer vaccine https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58380867

Since problems are so rare and the vaccine industry is so profitable, should families be compensated? Not being held accountable seems to be part of the controversy. Increased trust, increased vaccine uptake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.