Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every country epidemic around the world has so far has lasted 100-120 days before collapsing. Only new variants taking over has gone against this observation. Were at day 113 for this one in the UK.

Do we know why that is? Is it something inherent in the virus? Does the uptick in cases spark preventive measures, ie people become more cautious, and the virus hits a wall? Vaccines prevent it becoming more serious?

I'm feeling cautious about comparing Delta variant waves with what came before. Delta has always seemed less of a boom and bust cycle. It never quite goes ballistic, but it never leaves either.

I just hope we haven't actually been sitting in a lull. We might have just seen the high point. Or maybe nothing much will change for a while. Braver man than me to call it.

FWIW, India are seeing an uptick. The comparison is daft because of vaccination, and the vast and varied geography and economic / social factors. I was wondering how our autumn/winter climate might interact with Delta, but then realised that Russia is now experiencing what we might in late December, and that has done nothing to stop it spreading.

Anecdotally, whilst 1 in 60 Brits are estimated to have the virus, round mine, I think the estimate is that 1 in 60 people do not currently have a rough-as-feck sounding cough.

Fuck knows what I caught three weeks ago but I was rough, then ill, then loopy, now am seemingly stuck back in the shit I finally saw off during the summer, blotchy eyes, strange spots and rashes, arthritic stuff with burning sensation in my skin, and lovely ever present headaches.

Anyone who had AZ for their first two jabs had the Pfizer booster yet?

My younger brother had it yesterday. He has also had Covid last year. But says he feels much worse after this one than he did with any of those.

He is due to make the long drive to Brighton tomorrow - and the trek by train to the West Ham game next week - so I hope he feels better by the morning.

I know it could just be a coincidence and be some other bug and I have not read anything about this as far as I can recall. But wondered if anyone in here had experienced a bad reaction from the change of vaccine. It is a very differnt type to AZ so I assume works dfferently on your immune system.

Will not stop me having the booster when I am due but curious if this was common.

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DATA

ADMISSIONS:- (Always 2 days behind the rest of the data remember)

ON WEDNESDAY ADMISSIONS WERE 903 - UP FROM THE PREVIOUS WEEK WHEN IT WAS 752 & 632 WEEK BEFORE

FIRST 900 PLUS NUMBER IN SOME WEEKS AND A 50% RISE OVER THE FORTNIGHT.

ALMOST EVERY REGION HAD OVER 100 ADMITTED AND UP WEEK TO WEEK

Regions WED- WED

LONDON 97 -101

MIDLANDS 138 - 170

NE & YORKSHIRE 175 - 194

NORTH WEST 106 - 158

THAT 158 IS I BELIEVE THE HIGHEST NW DAILY NUMBER SINCE THE WAVE LAST WINTER WAS OVER

Anyone who had AZ for their first two jabs had the Pfizer booster yet?

My younger brother had it yesterday. He has also had Covid last year. But says he feels much worse after this one than he did with any of those.

He is due to make the long drive to Brighton tomorrow - and the trek by train to the West Ham game next week - so I hope he feels better by the morning.

I know it could just be a coincidence and be some other bug and I have not read anything about this as far as I can recall. But wondered if anyone in here had experienced a bad reaction from the change of vaccine. It is a very differnt type to AZ so I assume works dfferently on your immune system.

Will not stop me having the booster when I am due but curious if this was common.

Don't know about boosters, but generally 2nd dose Pfizer was reported as worse than first, and worse if you'd had an infection.

Entirely speculating, it might then not be too surprising if booster reactions tended to be worse than earlier ones. But I've seen no evidence for that , so pure conjecture.

ENGLAND HOSPITAL PATIENTS

THE REST OF THE DATA IS FOR TODAY

STILL GOING UP BUT NOT AS MUCH TODAY. THOUGH TWO FRIDAYS AGO IT WAS FALLING

PATIENTS 6405 - UP 49 IN 24 HOURS

A WEEK AGO THE RISE WAS 74 FROM 5289 TO 5363.

SO ENGLAND PATIENTS ARE UP 1042 WEEK TO WEEK - ABOUT A 20% INCREASE - BUT IT HAS BEEN ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME RISE AND LOWLY FALLING IN THE PAST FEW DAYS - UP 1077 YESTERDAY & 1054 THE DAY BEFORE

WEEK TO WEEK RISE 5363 TO 6405

Don't know about boosters, but generally 2nd dose Pfizer was reported as worse than first, and worse if you'd had an infection.

Entirely speculating, it might then not be too surprising if booster reactions tended to be worse than earlier ones. But I've seen no evidence for that , so pure conjecture.
Thank you. I guess I will let you know in a week or so. My six months is up on Monday and I assume I will get Pfizer too as I had AZ. Though I believe they are using Moderna also in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.