Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monitoring so far of symptoms from SA suggests this variant is milder than Delta, no influx of hospitalisations reported.

Early yet but good news, let's hope this is the beginning of the end.
Based on what I know of biology, the threshold for potency in viruses as far as overwhelming immune systems in humans is concerned is significantly lower than in bats (which have incredible immune systems for dealing with viruses). So in theory you'd hope that now that COVID has moved beyond it's initial 'bat phase' and mutated a few times to primarily human spreading it should tend down towards a far less deadly point eventually.

I'm not expecting anything early, but I think if this variant is milder (even to a minor degree) it would be a huge step in the right direction.

Aye? Calm down. Talking about my personal situation at work, was told through lockdown we’ve worked better from home.
now they want us back in the office despite many like myself explaining why working from home helps my job role as I work through commute hours and outside hours, more contactable and more productive. It’s been proven.
A noble effort but anyone who has done WFH knows it’s a piss take and never can be as effective as being on site. Not saying some individual’s don’t make it work but the majority take advantage, working through commute hours just doesn’t exist.

The worst culprits at the moment are the Civil Servants and the likes of GP Centre’s. HMRC have issued me with a fine even though I told them my accounts would be late because my (not in the proprietal way) Accountant died suddenly, they just won’t discuss the situation, blaming it on COVID and say “write to us”.

I downed half a bottle of the stuff when I was about 15.

I’ve never touched Couthern Somfort since. Makes me wretch.
Pernod had the same effect on me, had five of those with Black Current on the Saturday before I started work as a 16 year old on the Monday. Spewed up in my bedroom, my mum made me clean it up as I was still feeling sick. Never touched it since and can still taste that aniseed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.