Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, will book my booster when my 28 day wait - after covid - is up, early Jan. No sales pitch, couldn’t care less who takes and who doesn’t, personal choice, but JCVI were clear that vaccines aren’t perfect and they will wane over time, particularly Astra zeneca. To the point that a booster is needed after 6 months.
thus we're being pitched to have them about 3, obviously.

Graham Medley just confessed that they model what the government asks them to model.
Just been reading that.

Basically they get asked to model worst case scenarios but not the actual likeliness of it happening. Just ‘here is the worst case scenario, do what you see fit with it’.

Just been reading that.

Basically they get asked to model worst case scenarios but not the actual likeliness of it happening. Just ‘here is the worst case scenario, do what you see fit with it’.

This is our future now because we have politicians who can not be arsed to fund, staff and equip the NHS correctly and would rather strip it to its bare bones and then plead with the public to help protect it by staying indoors whenever it suits them.

Possibly not a fair assessment of AZ there. It could be that it is the best of the lot for T cells judging by recent research. AZ gets poor coverage and I think a lot of it is based on nationalistic/political reasons or from commercial rivals making billions out of Covid.
Agree AZ gets unfair treatment, all the vaccines act differently against different variants. I think Pfizer isn’t as effective against delta. But all have done/doing their job and I’m very grateful for that. I’m just going off the research by JCVI, UCL that AZ drops off more and a reason mRNA vaccines like Moderna and Pfizer should be used for boosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.